• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Picked this up off of another hunting forum I am a member of. Havent heard much of a story yet but rumor has it that this buck was shot by a 15 year old girl on her first hunt. I did a quick google search and didn't find any more info. The buck was rumored to be shot near Griffin, IN in Posey County. Supposedly from the Black River area this past weekend. I sure hope the story is true because a huge congrats is due. Hopefully someone has some more info to share on this buck.

Just heard it was checked in at the Gander Mountain in Evansville if that helps.

PoseyCountyDeer.jpg

Last edited:

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Awesome indeed, I have been hunting for 26 years and have never seen a deer like that in the woods, even when not hunting. That is really cool and congrats to her :)

bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    These seem to come up every year. I agree and am hopeful that it is from our great state. I think that the one buck rule is paying off every year. Hard to guesstimate on a potential score but I would think it would top 210 inches non typical.

I also hope it was taken in archery....I see no hunter orange in the pic.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    It's all downhill from there! Actually, from the looks of that rack, it looks like one of those that they fed those turbo supplements.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Picked this up off of another hunting forum I am a member of. Havent heard much of a story yet but rumor has it that this buck was shot by a 15 year old girl on her first hunt. I did a quick google search and didn't find any more info. The buck was rumored to be shot near Griffin, IN in Posey County. Supposedly from the Black River area this past weekend. I sure hope the story is true because a huge congrats is due. Hopefully someone has some more info to share on this buck.

Just heard it was checked in at the Gander Mountain in Evansville if that helps.

PoseyCountyDeer.jpg

DAMN, keep the tail gate up, dont want to lose that one. Or get rear-ended for the matter:laugh:

itstheKman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Waaaay Southwestern Indiana
    The deer was taken opening morning. As I was told, a couple of hunters were positioned to take this deer, but the lady saw it first. I have seen several large bucks taken in Griffin, but nothing like this. I hunt in Stewartsville, and rarely do they seem to want to cross the interstate :xmad:

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Those Ohio hunters will surely start coming to IN to hunt our exotic deer now..

Top Bottom