• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...1. If it tastes good, your can't eat it.
    2. Remember Rule #1....

No sugar except on special occasions (for instance, a little cake and ice cream on the birthday of an immediate family member), no grain (bread, anything with flour, corn, etc.), except very rarely old-fashioned oatmeal or converted rice. No potatoes except a sweet potato every once in a while (butter and salt only, no brown sugar).

Eat all the eggs, cheese, meat, cream and vegetables and nuts you want, just eat slowly enough that your body can tell your mind when its full, and stop eating. That stuff tastes good. Don't listen to the "no fat" charlatans. Your body will make fat if you are spiking your blood sugar from whatever you take in. Eliminate the hormone swings that trigger fat building, and you will be fine. Protein and fat do not cause blood sugar spikes and the attendant hormone production. Look at "low fat" foods. Most replace fat with sugar. Fat people eat a lot of "no fat" stuff.

Oh, and you can't exercise your way to weight loss and figure if you do that enough, you can eat what you want. Won't work. Exercise is great for a lot of things and just feeling better, but it is not the way to weight loss. the only way to lose weight is to change your eating, and I am not talking about calories in and out. Sure, put yourself in a caloric deficit and you will lose weight, but you will never be able to sustain it unless the food you take in makes you feel full. Proteins and fats do that.

You will be amazed at how the weight comes off and you're not hungry. Just avoid the exceptions for the first month or two and only go to them sparingly after you reach your target weight.

I went from 288 to 192 (6'3") this way several years ago. Over 10 years, I gained about 1/3 of it back by not following my own advice and being lazy. Now I'm back at it and headed back under 200# shortly.

My only problem is that my good carry belt will need some holes punched. I also have no @ss. If you want to wear your pants low, you have to discover your hips and have the belt sit on them.

Last edited:

geezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    NE Indiana
    I gave up on dunlap disease at 89. I wear "Hold Up' suspenders. I got tired of tight belts. There are disadvantages of suspenders and advantages.
    IWB works ok with suspenders but you need to add a belt for the holster. I'm presently going to try non elastic suspenders and eliminate the belt using a magnetic holster that will clip directly to the pants. Of course, since shoulders move up and down and bending over is necessary, the suspenders normally have elastic. Oh to be 21 again and flat front and a belt was all that was needed. No good answer as we age.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Guy I used to work with was like that. I would walk by and give one of his belt loops a little tug. Darn drawers would drop down clear to his ankles. I thought it was hilarious! Boss sure didn't.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I bet Hoosierdoc know's someone who can fix you right up....

khloe-kardashian-butt-implants.jpg

Seriously when I head to the country I just put on the suspenders....I am north of 50 now so I think I get the old man pass...

rimg.php

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Sorry, can't agree with this. Besides, I never tuck my shirt in unless I'm wearing a suit which is about once a decade.

I don't tuck my shirts in either. And as a FFB, I will agree that wearing your pants over the belly works better, and looks better. You have to realize that you just can't wear the same waist size as you did in high school.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    All kidding aside, I have come up with a pretty good solution. I am using a Sticky brand holster.
    One size fits three of my pistols and a smaller one works for the other two.
    I at first bought a Remora that worked great but gave me a horrible rash. Even through my jockeys.
    The Sticky goes between my jeans and underwear and actually helps to keep my pants up. It's very comfortable too.
    Just a heads up to all my no ass-havin' compadres.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry, can't agree with this. Besides, I never tuck my shirt in unless I'm wearing a suit which is about once a decade.

No need to apologize! You have a right to your own opinion even if you're wrong!

Along those lines, you do not have the right to your own facts. In this case, the fact is that big bellies flopping over waistbands look worse by far than any dork-related fashion choices. It's settled science.

Top Bottom