• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'm also a guy of size...the love handles disguise the gun, (p11 in a Desantis sof-tuck) but also rub against it in the holster...til I lose weight I pocket carry a P32, and an extra 10 rd mag

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wore two Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0s yesterday (with G19s) with a white dress shirt tucked over them. I barely knew I had them because they are so comfy and the concealment is about as good as you can get without going to Smart Carry. The belt clips are the best I've ever seen on an IWB holster, tuckable or not.

They could use some improvement, though. I prefer a more vertical orientation of the gun, but you can't that they with Alien Gear. Reholstering is not as easy as with rigid kydex IWB holsters, but for occasional dress-up wear, they're fine.

DarrenL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2014
    East-Central
    I am nowhere near that size, but I very comfortably carry a 1911 OWB in a pancake holster. For me, the belt was absolutely as important as the holster. A leather belt from the local store probably won't correctly support a gun hanging on it all day.

darren

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Thank you everyone for your posts! i appreciate all the feed back
    You don't have the credits yet to PM, but drop me an email if you want to borrow a Galco King Tuck for M&P.

I am in Grant county if you ever venture this way, but you pay shipping and I will loan you my spare. If you like it you can buy it. If you don't then you can ship it back.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You don't have the credits yet to PM, but drop me an email if you want to borrow a Galco King Tuck for M&P.

I am in Grant county if you ever venture this way, but you pay shipping and I will loan you my spare. If you like it you can buy it. If you don't then you can ship it back.
    What kind of lunatic would loan a holster to someone they didn't even know? :dunno:

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis

Will you ship it to a PO Box? :)::):

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have no problem shipping to a po box... but the offer is to the OP first.

If someone is silly enough to try and rip a guy off for a holster he should consider what site he is on.

Had a guy send me a holster to test out. He didn't know me from anyone else on a forum. Still did it. Paid off well, and I sent his holster back plus later another item that he needed. Cheap rent. All worked out. If he asked me for something I had... I would ship it.

If he decided to rip me off for a meager item then it is all on his conscience.

Anyhow... If OP gets with me via email or PM after he hits his 50 we will discuss the options. If someone after that has a legit need we can talk about that as well.

LazyAce

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I hate rehashing an old thread, but it seems better than creating a new one.

Curious if there have been any advancements for the big guy carrying dilemma in the last 3.5 years. I have a VP9 I'd love to EDC more often but haven't found a holster that's comfortable yet. I'm now wondering if that's in part because of using crappy belts / poor fitting jeans or if I've been wrongly blaming the holsters.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Proper fitting pants are crucial. The OP of this thread (now shootered so I don’t feel bad saying this) states he was 6’3, 450lbs, and a size 48... that means a significant portion of that weight would be flopped over the belt making any holster (IWB or OWB) uncomfortable.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I hate rehashing an old thread, but it seems better than creating a new one.

Curious if there have been any advancements for the big guy carrying dilemma in the last 3.5 years. I have a VP9 I'd love to EDC more often but haven't found a holster that's comfortable yet. I'm now wondering if that's in part because of using crappy belts / poor fitting jeans or if I've been wrongly blaming the holsters.

You are correct that you have been incorrect...

With that being said, how do you carry? (IWB / OWB / AIWB) Where have you been carrying? (in front of the hip or behind?) How much other "stuff" are you carrying? (Basically, need more info, please...)

LazyAce

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2016
    Indianapolis
    LOL, fantastic video, Thanks Trigger time!

I have a Para Carry C6.45 LDA. I'm able to IWB on the side with it's leather holster but it's a more compact gun, it doesn't bother me.. It's not like I'm training with it in/out of holster very often.

the VP9 has a little more heft to it, I'd like to carry IWB but I'm not delusional. The couple I've tried, which I can't remember the name of them, but they were hard plastic jabbed at my "muffin top" and didn't feel ideal. Preferably I'd like to carry on the side as I'm not a fan of the behind the back but at this point it may be my only route outside of pocket carry w/compact pistol.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    LOL, fantastic video, Thanks Trigger time!

I have a Para Carry C6.45 LDA. I'm able to IWB on the side with it's leather holster but it's a more compact gun, it doesn't bother me.. It's not like I'm training with it in/out of holster very often.

the VP9 has a little more heft to it, I'd like to carry IWB but I'm not delusional. The couple I've tried, which I can't remember the name of them, but they were hard plastic jabbed at my "muffin top" and didn't feel ideal. Preferably I'd like to carry on the side as I'm not a fan of the behind the back but at this point it may be my only route outside of pocket carry w/compact pistol.

As chezuki mentioned, pants that actually fit properly are a non-negotiable necessity. Then comes a good belt. Holster and gun are way, way behind that.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Proper fitting pants are crucial. The OP of this thread (now shootered so I don’t feel bad saying this) states he was 6’3, 450lbs, and a size 48... that means a significant portion of that weight would be flopped over the belt making any holster (IWB or OWB) uncomfortable.

". . . I still wear the same size pants I wore in high school . . ." . . . except six inches lower so that my belt is actually below my hips and my free-range belly goes where it chooses.

Top Bottom