• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    My Fiancee went to Big R to buy me a Ruger 10/22 synthetic stock with ss barrel on father's day. Here it is saturday of the next week and they still won't give her the gun because the FBI has not called them back yet. She does not have anything that would bar her from buying a firearm. Hell she has a walther P22 handgun. Here is a small part from the form 4473 you have to complete.
    NICS RESPONSES: If NICS provides a “proceed” response, the transaction may
    proceed. If NICS provides a “denied” response, the seller is prohibited from transferring
    the firearm to the buyer. If NICS provides a “delayed” response, the seller
    is prohibited from transferring the firearm unless 3 business days have elapsed
    and, prior to the transfer, NICS has not advised the seller that the buyer’s receipt
    or possession of the firearm would be in violation of law. See 27 CFR § 178.102(a)
    for an example of how to calculate 3 business days.

Now it seems to me that Big R is violating her 2nd amendment right to bear arms. I am also like to find out if I can report them to some one or even take them to civil court. It seems like they are violating federal law to me.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    I frequent the Big R in Marion quite a bit. More gun fondling than anything as their prices are generally 100 bucks over what they should be. Jerry is about the only one that I care to talk to. A lot of the guys in there are the ripped up macho types - complete with ego.

Is a\the manager actually dealing with your wife, or just a random employee? I know that Big R as a whole caught a lot of flack recently during an ATF audit on several stores in our locale. At least one had thier license pulled. Looks like they would try a little harder to be on top of things at this point. I would go have a frank chat with the store manager - he seems friendly enough from the minimal contact I have had with him...

cbowman75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Marion
    I frequent the Big R in Marion quite a bit. More gun fondling than anything as their prices are generally 100 bucks over what they should be. Jerry is about the only one that I care to talk to. A lot of the guys in there are the ripped up macho types - complete with ego.

Is a\the manager actually dealing with your wife, or just a random employee? I know that Big R as a whole caught a lot of flack recently during an ATF audit on several stores in our locale. At least one had thier license pulled. Looks like they would try a little harder to be on top of things at this point. I would go have a frank chat with the store manager - he seems friendly enough from the minimal contact I have had with him...

We are going to talk to the manager on sunday. we have had dealings with him before and he seems like a very nice guy. We have been dealing woth random employees at the Marion big R store.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    That's probably the issue right there. I'm not impressed with the employee lineup behind the glass cases with the exception of Jerry. Hopefully your talk with the manager will resolve things, or at least shed some more light on the situation. :dunno:

Top Bottom