• ...and so much more!
  • HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Wow you would have thought they would have crunched the numbers and new how much stress it could take!!! but I meen really my bone stock F 150 would take a jump that high at those speeds without any damage!!! too Funny.

M107

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Noblesville
    As much as I think GM trucks have about the weekest suspinsions on the market next to Toyota. looks like low grade bolts or someone can't weld. If your going to change up the suspinsion that much you better have some idea about what your doing.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, I'd say those are the same people that worked on Lar's car... :):

Did the builders assign that half of the job to their resident stoner?

I hate to say it, but, uh, this is why you don't smoke and work. :lmfao:

Stove

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As much as I think GM trucks have about the weekest suspinsions on the market next to Toyota. looks like low grade bolts or someone can't weld. If your going to change up the suspinsion that much you better have some idea about what your doing.

While my primary truck is a chevy, I own all makes except toyota currently. My primary truck, an 05 chevy silverado 2500 HD has had a snow plow on it since new. Currently has 93K on the clock. At new I installed a predator tune for 90hp extra. At 40K, that tune and a heavy trailer killed the allison, so a race tranny was installed with triple disk tq convertor, custom programming, lift pump and so on, putting about 500 hp to the ground now. Took it to ORP, plow snow, work it hard farming, and I have managed to need new tie-rods once, this fall. Everything else remains stock, except for tires 2 sizes larger. That is plenty of 4 wheel boosted launches, 4wd farm work and so on.

The idea that chevy has week front end is just not true. Go on youtube and look at stock trucks in the 700hp range sled pulling. All with an independent front end.

This truck that failed, could have been a little as a wrong grade bolt, or poor weld. I can tell you that other than that, it was a well put together truck from looking over it in person.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thats another reason I buy FORD!!! :rockwoot:
    Ford.. HA! ask people with an 04-06 SD w/ 6.0PS what they think. Most will curse the day a ford engineer ever decided to try and improve on a tried and tested IH designed engine.

That said, that truck has about as much in common with a stock chevy suspension as what Jeff Gordons nascar does.... The only thing this video tells me is not to have "Bigfoot 4X4" do any fabrication work for me. A sema truck would be their "best foot forward" and this is what happens??? Thats enough to sink a lesser business's reputation.

Top Bottom