• Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Take your pick:

are-you-hungry.jpg

You could get an arm chewed off reaching for the syrup!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    What is with this attitude nowadays that punching someone is so horrible? He didn't stab her. He didn't even hold her down and beat her. He popped her in the nose, which probably should have been done by her parents a few years ago.

We live in such a panty-waisted society.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    one on one or six on one and a woman? If a lady steps on your toe can you punch her in the face?

just curious, am I allowed to punch a patient in the face when I get spit on? That is a much worse personal injury than a weak backhand

$5 says that lady got taken to the hospital before she was taken to jail. $10 says she was not punched at the hospital

ah well, I'll just leave it alone. I've said my peace

Frankly I wouldn't care if a few doctors got into the attitude adjustment business. If your doctor slaps you, you're probably really in the wrong. But lawyers and insurance companies rule the world.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Right, and if a similar instance is evident, it's fair games. However, interjecting hypotheticals.... as indicated by the phrase "if it was..." which have no factual basis to draw, doesn't offer anything to the discussion, other than divisiveness.

Or... another example of selective outrage used to defend against other narratives :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Here's the report:

The report describes “Upon lifting (Freitas), (Freitas) swung and struck (Det. Ross) in the face while attempting to get away, causing this Det. (Ross) to strike (Freitas) in the face to gain compliance and control.”

wow. Wonder if they knew a video existed before it was written that way. Her first swipe to her left was trying to slap the hand of the guy giving her a thumbs up

if only they had some sort of way to restrain her hands. Is that a standard move to hoist a suspect over your head and walk up stairs? Seems very risky to all involved.

she's not going to get the same joy as nurse Wubbles, or, maybe she will.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here's the report:

wow. Wonder if they knew a video existed before it was written that way. Her first swipe to her left was trying to slap the hand of the guy giving her a thumbs up

if only they had some sort of way to restrain her hands. Is that a standard move to hoist a suspect over your head and walk up stairs? Seems very risky to all involved.

The video IMO doesn't show that at all. It looks like she swung on way, brushed his head, swung the hand back, and hit the officer in the face.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Here's the report:

I'll agree that the way they restrained her seemed really odd and inefficient. But I have no sympathy. If you smack an officer on purpose, you get punched. If you get drunk and clumsily smack a cop, you get punched. No permanent marks, just some just deserts.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The video IMO doesn't show that at all. It looks like she swung on way, brushed his head, swung the hand back, and hit the officer in the face.

Yeah, that's the way I saw it. But even if it was an accident, maybe you should learn a quick lesson in being careful.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

when she hit the officer with the backhand her eyes were on him. The first swing her eyes were looking at the hand out in her face. She leaned forward to reach toward the extended thumb. Then when she overshot she changed targets and smacked him

we'll all see what we want to see. My first take watching the video was she initially tried to hit the extended arm with the thumb's up. The cop didn't see anything except the slap. She won't remember.

they were rushed and didn't bother securing her before trying a difficult extrication. And now this guy looks like an ass to the whole world. Cuff her, then carry her out. Don't be billy badass and lift her up by the legs and carry her up stairs surrounded by people. Only bad things are possible in that scenario. And here we are.

he got sick of trying and decided to man-handle her. Then once in you're in that mindset, a punch is not too hard to do

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    when she hit the officer with the backhand her eyes were on him. The first swing her eyes were looking at the hand out in her face. She leaned forward to reach toward the extended thumb. Then when she overshot she changed targets and smacked him

we'll all see what we want to see. My first take watching the video was she initially tried to hit the extended arm with the thumb's up. The cop didn't see anything except the slap. She won't remember.

they were rushed and didn't bother securing her before trying a difficult extrication. And now this guy looks like an ass to the whole world. Cuff her, then carry her out. Don't be billy badass and lift her up by the legs and carry her up stairs surrounded by people. Only bad things are possible in that scenario. And here we are.

he got sick of trying and decided to man-handle her. Then once in you're in that mindset, a punch is not too hard to do

Again, a punch really isn't that big of a deal.

Top Bottom