Biggest Opportunity Ever For Foreign Election Meddling; Social Media...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Social Dilemma was very good.

My comment was more in tune with how stupid Americans have become in the face of the massive amounts of information available. Understanding that social media has an important role in that influence, dumbing-down and polarization, it seems that most have lost the ability to think critically and make up their own mind.

You hit the nail on the head here. There are far too many people that simply believe what they are told, even when it contradicts what is right before their eyes or even their own memories of what happened. Unfortunately, the need for people to think for themselves has never been greater.

The thing that I find even more frustrating is how incredibly arrogant people are even when they know next to nothing about the subject they are speaking about. Humility seems to have went away too when critical thinking was lost.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You Are missing the whole addictive angle and thinking like it is just another newspaper or tv news show. It is not...

You hit the nail on the head here. There are far too many people that simply believe what they are told, even when it contradicts what is right before their eyes or even their own memories of what happened. Unfortunately, the need for people to think for themselves has never been greater.

The thing that I find even more frustrating is how incredibly arrogant people are even when they know next to nothing about the subject they are speaking about. Humility seems to have went away too when critical thinking was lost.

Please do not discount the addition angle.

As to your second point, I believe that too is an outcome from social media. I might be explaining how the electoral college works, only to be interrupted by someone spouting a headline they saw in their news feed. Worse is those that cannot think get out their phone to search for something so they can tell you that you are wrong. Can't say how many times I'll ask if one knows about a topic, to which I get the response of yes, only to determine they just saw a headline, they didn't even read the story.

Social media addiction causes all of the human frailties to come to the surface...

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Foreign influence on the elections has been happening for decades. Its only become a political strategy from the left since 2016. That doesn't mean I don't think we shouldn't take measures to make them as fair and secure as possible but this notion that all the sudden Russia is trying to sway the election and that it is new is preposterous.
    USA regularly interferes with elections.. its just part of the struggle to maintain dominance

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom