• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Yeah. That was me. A loud, satin black 1992 1200 Harley Sporty and a 1911 on the right hip? Black jeans, black vest, white T shirt, and combat boots? I apologize if my appearance offended or scared you. I actually stop to help stranded motorists when I can or those who need help changing tires and such. I'm former Army and am currently looking at hiring on with either Marion County Sheriff's or State Capitol Police. I run a low cost emergency vehicle outfitting business for smaller departments and will be a father in December.

Except for my time as a Combat Engineer, I've worked most of the last decade as armed security, private protection, emergency vehicle outfitter/repair, and most recently as corporate police. I've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 - 3,000 hours over the last 17 of my 27 years training with and safely handling firearms.

As for the mask, I don't ride with a windscreen or even a cowling. But I like the feeling of the open air rushing past. What I don't like is a gravel breakfast at 70mph, lit cigarette butts tossed from the window, or stray bits of that ejected bad burrito ending up on my face. So I wear a modified Halloween mask. A pair of lenses from an old set of shades and some black silicone and I have a comfortable full face mask.

Now, while I apologized for potentially scaring you or causing concern, I have no intention of changing how I ride, what I wear, or what I carry. Those are my choices and my rights. No laws are broken and, more importantly, I haven't been cut off or nearly run off the road since I started riding like this. I feel a hell of a lot safer and don't need any blaze orange jacket to do it. It may be premature, but I get the feeling that I'm somehow more visible to previously sloppy and unconcerned drivers.
    +1, welcome to ingo, thank you for your serivice and congrats on the child, now where's the pic of that satin harley buddy :D ?

Last edited:

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    Yeah. That was me. A loud, satin black 1992 1200 Harley Sporty and a 1911 on the right hip? Black jeans, black vest, white T shirt, and combat boots? I apologize if my appearance offended or scared you. I actually stop to help stranded motorists when I can or those who need help changing tires and such. I'm former Army and am currently looking at hiring on with either Marion County Sheriff's or State Capitol Police. I run a low cost emergency vehicle outfitting business for smaller departments and will be a father in December.

Except for my time as a Combat Engineer, I've worked most of the last decade as armed security, private protection, emergency vehicle outfitter/repair, and most recently as corporate police. I've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 - 3,000 hours over the last 17 of my 27 years training with and safely handling firearms.

As for the mask, I don't ride with a windscreen or even a cowling. But I like the feeling of the open air rushing past. What I don't like is a gravel breakfast at 70mph, lit cigarette butts tossed from the window, or stray bits of that ejected bad burrito ending up on my face. So I wear a modified Halloween mask. A pair of lenses from an old set of shades and some black silicone and I have a comfortable full face mask.

Now, while I apologized for potentially scaring you or causing concern, I have no intention of changing how I ride, what I wear, or what I carry. Those are my choices and my rights. No laws are broken and, more importantly, I haven't been cut off or nearly run off the road since I started riding like this. I feel a hell of a lot safer and don't need any blaze orange jacket to do it. It may be premature, but I get the feeling that I'm somehow more visible to previously sloppy and unconcerned drivers.

I wasnt scared or concerened. Actually thought u looked great. I ride too, have been on two rides with ingunowners. Scooters and shooters. just first time i had seen u or anyone else dressed like that. Keep it up.

Deadpool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Lebanon, IN
    +1, welcome to ingo, thank you for your serivice and congrats on the child, now where's the pic of that satin harley buddy :D ?
    10509709_10154453555795602_417047242072307191_n.jpg
    I also do bike modifications and repair. LED glow kits for cheap, paint, etc.

I wasnt scared or concerened. Actually thought u looked great. I ride too, have been on two rides with ingunowners. Scooters and shooters. just first time i had seen u or anyone else dressed like that. Keep it up.
    Will do, Jim. :)

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana

I don't see anything wrong with the way you ride. I rode for a few years and miss the hell our of my bike. Stay safe and glad to see you on here.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you want to protect your face from cold wind, debris, etc. you could wear, oh, I don't know, a helmet.

It has the added benefit of protecting your head in the event of an impact and makes you look normal and less frightening.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If you want to protect your face from cold wind, debris, etc. you could wear, oh, I don't know, a helmet.

It has the added benefit of protecting your head in the event of an impact and makes you look normal and less frightening.
    x2 wearing a halloween mask for protection is laughable.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

Welcome to INGO. Hope you stick around!

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    back when i had a bike i would wear a half skull mask in the fall or spring when it was colder. Some people just want to try to look like hardasses. If he didnt have any patches then he wasnt anybody

Lol. Like if he had some patches that would make him somebody. FAIL

Top Bottom