• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I don't think this is very funny. My prayers certainly go out to his family. I'm glad that I'm not forced to use a helmet if I don't choose to. I've known people to die wearing helmets on bikes and seat belts in cars. He didn't believe in the law and he did what he could to fight for the rights of bikers in his state.

Wait a minute. He wasn't selfish? A man who couldn't follow the law and succumb to a higher authority? Do you find this position contradictory to your position in the pledge thread a while back?

People who are not capable of humbling themselves to another, cannot be governed by our Constitution. They will want things their way or no way at all, but will not yield to the democratic process to make changes. They will try to force change and then call themselves patriots, while comparing themselves to the Founding Fathers. I would say these are the true hypocrites that the Constitution isn't designed to govern.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    the thing is that the top rating on a helmet is only good for an impact of up to 30mph, and that is typically only found on full face helmets (snell rating). most people who ride cruisers only wear brain buckets that have a DOT slide rating at best. If you don't want to wear a helmet then you shouldn't be forced too.

The Snell foundation will test any helmet that is submitted to it. I don't know if they just go out and obtain any they want for testing or not. The Snell rating IIRC is a tougher rating to obtain due to their higher standards but it is obtainable for open helmets or full face. My race helmets were all open face and they all had Snell ratings. The half helmets that you see quite a bit on the "attitude" bikes probably wouldn't even garner a DOT rating based on coverage but it wouldn't surprise me if they do. Anything can be had for cash.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I like how the Police said a helmet my have saved his life, I would have to hear it from someone with a Medical Degree to believe it 100%.

You shouldn't be made to wear a helmet.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Just like you're not forced to wear hearing and eye protection when you're at the range. But if you don't and you catch a casing in the eye, I'll laugh at you.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    when will people learn to get the **** off my lawn? If people dont wanna wear a helmet or a seat belt then thats their right. if someone wants to smoke a cigarete or a cigar, thats their right. WTF are we doing to each other? little things add up with the big things and one day its gonna go boom.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So he decided to protest what he felt was an unjust law by routinely doing something that is dangerous and ill-advised knowing full well that it was dangerous and ill-advised? What's that old saying about cutting off your nose to spite your face? I don't mean to make light of anyone's death but he paid his money and made his choice.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    when will people learn to get the **** off my lawn? If people dont wanna wear a helmet or a seat belt then thats their right. if someone wants to smoke a cigarete or a cigar, thats their right. WTF are we doing to each other? little things add up with the big things and one day its gonna go boom.
    I agree with everything except the smoking. You can do whatever you want to your own body, but when people smoke in public, us non smokers inhale it too. In effect, the smokers are forcing us to smoke too. That I don't agree with.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I agree with everything except the smoking. You can do whatever you want to your own body, but when people smoke in public, us non smokers inhale it too. In effect, the smokers are forcing us to smoke too. That I don't agree with.
    well its mostly in public outdoor areas im talking about. im a non smoker. cant stand the stuff. (former smoker though)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    My cigarette smoke isnt as bad as all that car exhaust everyone has to breath. Hell some people probably do not the smell of gun powder and vaporized lead and copper, but yet people shoot outside.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I don't wear a helmet most of the time. Its my choice I'm a big boy and I know the risks. I don't wear seat belts either my choice again I know the risks. I smoke as well and know those risks as well. People need to worry about there selves more and what others are doing less !

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    I don't believe i should have to wear a helmet, but i wear one
    i don't believe i should have to wear a seatbelt, so i don't
    I don't believe a bunch of people who are not effected by another's choices should be allowed to make those choices for them, but i live in america

Top Bottom