• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    For the fellow bikers out there, what kind of holster do you use while riding? I just got my LTCH and I'm trying to decide what kind of carry will be the most comfortable. I'll be carrying a Taurus .357mag, 2inch barrel, small wheel gun.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm not a biker by any stretch...

But if you're thinking about OWB, you'll NEED active retention. Either a leather snap, a loop strap, or one of those holsters that "snaps" the firearm in place.

For IWB, for a small revolver, I absolutely LOVE my Split Decision by High Noon Holsters. It's well made and they stand by their product. It's inexpensive because it's not molded for any particular firearm, rather, after wearing it, belt tension + body heat + body moisture tend to form the holster to your revolver.

I'm on my 3rd one for 3 different firearms...

The Split Decision is also "tuckable" if you want to tuck your shirt down in between the holster and your pants. Their "bare asset" holster is the same thing, but not tuckable.

-J-

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    you can always get a leather vest with a inside holster pocket (pistol pete)
    The leather shop in Nashville In sells them , good quality and not over priced. I paid like $60 for mine 2 years ago , and then you can always take whatever holster you normally carry in for when you stop and are off the bike.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I just use an uncle mikes owb to carry my 1911. I would rather use a iwb holster, but it's less comfortable for me when I'm riding. One thing I noticed is when I used my other owb holster without a thumb latch, I noticed that I was checking to make sure it was staying down in the holster from hitting bumps and what not. I prefer to use a thumb latch when riding.

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Your gonna want either a shoulder holster, ankle or just like pathfinder317 said. A nice leather vest with a built in holster.

I have and have used all 3...works pretty good.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Your gonna want either a shoulder holster, ankle or just like pathfinder317 said. A nice leather vest with a built in holster.

I have and have used all 3...works pretty good.

I've used a galco ankle holster with my g27 And it's fairly comfortable, but what good is a gun on ur ankle unless it's just a backup. I would just rather have it accessible if i ever actually had access it. The shoulder holster thing is not for me, but is a good option.

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    I use a leather concealment vest with holster built into both sides. Really nice when I feel the need for a couple of them:D I also have on order a Crossbreed microtuck for days when it's too hot for the leather vest:rockwoot:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I use a leather concealment vest with holster built into both sides. Really nice when I feel the need for a couple of them:D I also have on order a Crossbreed microtuck for days when it's too hot for the leather vest:rockwoot:
    Yup, those vests work pretty well and most have positive retention. Just a bit of advice for what it's worth...., carry some spare mags in the opposite side.... then neither you or the bike list to port or starboard.:):

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I just use an uncle mikes owb to carry my 1911. I would rather use a iwb holster, but it's less comfortable for me when I'm riding. One thing I noticed is when I used my other owb holster without a thumb latch, I noticed that I was checking to make sure it was staying down in the holster from hitting bumps and what not. I prefer to use a thumb latch when riding.
    This is what I use too.

Mine looks similar to this one.

uncle-mikes-86000-uncle-mike-s-kodra-ambidextrous-belt-holster-552lar.jpg

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    When I rode I wore a Kangaroo rig or also called an ultra carry conceal rig (I believe that was the name) It's like a belly band but with a shoulder strap. It worked well.

45CalJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I ride sport bikes, so I/OWB's either poke me wrong, or are more open carry than what I like while riding. I draw enough attention as it is. I ended up with one of the cheapy shoulder holster rigs sold at the 1500. Comfortable under my leather, and I can carry two clips with it. It fits my Glock 17 much more secure than my 1911 though.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Get yourself a decent vertical shoulder rig, and always wear your leathers, and you'll be set. I quit riding a few years ago (one too many close calls that was absolutely beyond my control), but this is what I used.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I carry in the same open topped VM-II IWB that I do when I'm not on the bike. Retention issues aren't any different on the Harley than they are sitting in my Lazyboy.

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    For the fellow bikers out there, what kind of holster do you use while riding? I just got my LTCH and I'm trying to decide what kind of carry will be the most comfortable. I'll be carrying a Taurus .357mag, 2inch barrel, small wheel gun.

i carry a 32 long 2" in my windshield bag so i have it at hand. when i get off it fits in my vest or i have a clip on for the small of my back..my 9mm i do the same but when i get off it goes into a small black belt pack that zips up. i've tryed shoulders,belt,fanny packs and this is the best way for me to carry my gun on a bike.. easy draw on the roll from windshield and very comfortable on the go...............

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    I hold on to it with my left hand, and steer with my right. No one cuts me off anymore. :dunno:

I ride occasionally and never had the chance to carry while doing so. But I will soon. Maybe I should give this some thought. Good thread. :+1:

MrBogok

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Indy
    Funny, I was gonna ask the same thing & I also have the same gun!! I think I'm just gonna keep mine in a pocket holster. That or invest in a smartholster. I just hope it won't blow the twins off.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I ride with the same rig I carry with every day:

Kimber Stainless Target II
    Raven Concealment Systems IWB, @ 3:00
    Raven double mag carrier, @ 9:00
    Wilderness Instructor belt