• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    HAHAHAHA!! I clicked on it for the exact same reason LOL. I was just thinking, "how the hell are you going to carry while wearing a bikini?"

Like the first James Bond girl, except a gun instead of the big knife.

Back on topic, what about strapping a holster to the frame somehow, maybe somewhere on the seat tube, on top of the top tube, or maybe in front of the handle bars.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have had two nasty wrecks requiring ER visits. I cringe at the thought how it would have turned out if I had a gun on my waist. I think I would opt for carrying in a pack on the bike, say under the seat. Or stick it in one of the three back pockets on my jersey. To date I have not landed on my back.:)

I didn't open the tread posted in here by someone earlier, but this is what I suggested in another biking thread... Pocket of jersey for bottles or an under the seat pouch.

Sirindu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The Wilderness Safepacker works for me.

Looked that one up. Interesting! Wish it were cheaper. Looks nicely versatile.

They don't get too hot. Some, like the one I am wearing right now, are nothing more than a wide piece of elastic w/ some "holsters" stitched to it. Probably about 4" wide. Some are bigger and more sturdy. I wear one under my scrubs w/ a kahr CM9 at the appendix position, but you could position the gun at any position you felt was comfortable. They don't really cover enough of you to get super hot. They also make those CCW undershirts that have holsters built in.

I'll have to look into that. Do you think many of these would support a G19? Or is the bellyband best used for smaller guns like the kahr?

fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I pocket carry my Ruger LCP in my "baggy" bike shorts. I use the pocket holster that came with the LCP.

fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Does it not flop around in the pocket and knock against your leg? Sounds like it could have a chance of falling out too... :dunno:

The shorts are not that "baggy" and the front pocket is just large enough to securely hold the LCR and holster and keep it from moving around. You need a fairly tight fit as far the bike shorts are concerned.

Buchanan3514

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2014
    Greenwood
    Top tube bag

I've given this a good bit of thought as well. I have a Sig P938 which I tried in a bag very similar but a little smaller than this: Timbuk2 Goody Bento Box Top Tube Bag at REI.com

The P938 was a very tight fit, but this is a bit more generous on space. I have not tried this one, but based on the ones I have tried, and their associated specs, I imagine this one would work well for anything up to that size. Maybe a little paracord on the zipper to make it easier to grab in a hurry and I imagine this could work pretty well. May not be quite as quick as on-body carry, but still better than in your wedge pack or backpack/Camelbak.

Hope this helps!

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Use a belly band. Whatever you do, don't put it anywhere near bone. If you crash, landing on it can and probably will break bones. I had a multi-tool in my thigh pocket and crashed (albeit a nasty crash) and broke my femur in 4 places.

jontylercole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Peru
    What kind of holster do you wear with cargo shorts and a polo? I've heard in-holster is uncomfortable. Are pocket holsters safe/reliable?

fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I use the pocket holster that came with the LCP. It's similiar to this Blackhawk holster. It's comfortable, it completely covers the trigger and the LCP stays put in side the holster.

Blackhawk Holster.jpg

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I ride year round and carry 100% of the time and have used several different guns and carry methods. I started just carrying a P32 Keltec in a jersey pocket which worked ok, but even with daily cleanings it started to lose it's finish and was not easily accessible when wearing jackets. I next tried belly bands with various pistols and revolvers, but once again sweat became an issue not only with the exterior finish, but with the insides of the guns. The belly bands also hold in alot of heat. I have finally settled on the chest holster from Survival Sheath Systems and a S&W 642. It gets enough airflow that sweat is not an issue, is very accessible and very visible.

Top Bottom