Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The former Drug Czar (who later realized the futility of the War on Drugs and became the Gun Czar in 1989) and was then recycled into the Secretary of Education states that it is time for .gov to stop its policy of allowing schools to become slaughter pens.

If anything good comes out of Sandy Hook, let it be ending .gov's aiding and abetting of mass murder.

Bill Bennett, Former Education Secretary, Says Schools Should Consider Arming Employees (VIDEO)

Bill Bennett is exactly right. And if I recall, Ft Hood was a gun free zone (for everyone other than MPs), full of militarily trained men and women. And look what happened.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    After 9/11 a US marshal on an airliner was a common occurrence. I would 100% support teaches being trained and armed if they were willing. We trust them with our children's minds and futures we might as well train them to protect their lives. What would it take to stations local LEO's to schools as well. Obviously tragedies will still happen but it may detour or at least cut down response time. It's time to look for a real solution; legislation doesn't fix anything.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    If not teachers, then at least have trained security. I hate to think this way, but having security at schools would not only help protect our children but would also create jobs helping our economy. Jesus, I'm starting to sound like a politician.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Talk about a huge jobs program!

End unemployment by providing grants (just print the money...yeah, I'm a hypocrite) to states to hire and train a security guard dedicated to every school in the United States.

But set up a training standard (more business for trainers, too!) -- and let the states run it. This is not to be a DHS/TSA "force".

stlaser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Yes, next question?

The former Drug Czar (who later realized the futility of the War on Drugs and became the Gun Czar in 1989) and was then recycled into the Secretary of Education states that it is time for .gov to stop its policy of allowing schools to become slaughter pens.

If anything good comes out of Sandy Hook, let it be ending .gov's aiding and abetting of mass murder.

Bill Bennett, Former Education Secretary, Says Schools Should Consider Arming Employees (VIDEO)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure the answer is "arm the teachers" per se...but if we could remove the certainty that everybody inside a school is defenseless, that would be a start.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    How about old farts like me volunteer to be "hallguards", armed of course? Cost to taxpayer: zero.

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I agree. Teachers should have the right (but not requirement) to carry in school to protect themselves and their students. I truly believe this would be one of the best ways to cut down on casualties. Prevention is not an option. They can try all they want but these incidents are still going to happen.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    How about old farts like me volunteer to be "hallguards", armed of course? Cost to taxpayer: zero.

Excellent! My dad was a combat vet and I know he would happily have sat in my kids' school with his beloved M1 Carbine as long as the coffee was free. :)

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    I had a family member post on a social network that she didn't want teachers to have firearms because she didn't want her children to live in fear. But to save harsh words and fighting I neglected to tell her that was her fault and that she should teach her children not to be afraid of guns. Oh and she is married to some british ***bag.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    If a "teacher" is so STUPID and UNTRUSTWORTHY that he or she cannot learn basic gun-safety and to use a firearm in the most basic of defensive situations, then WHY ON EARTH would we want to entrust that teacher with our children's mind, let alone their life...???

Each one of my kids could operate a gun safely by age eight, and was responsible enough that I'd not fear handing them a loaded gun to carry on a hike or take to my wife or whatever. Most kids form generations past handled this level of responsiblity easily, and still do in many cultures. So we're saying our college-educated "teachers" may not be up to the task...???? Seriously....????? If they're that inept or dangerous, then they should NOT be teachers.

Top Bottom