• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I never did understand honorary degrees

Originally, honorary degrees were given to people whose cumulative life experience demonstrated that they had the understanding generally understood to be the foundation of the equivalent earned degree, usually after doing things meritorious for the good of society. Unfortunately, this has morphed into a beauty contest and/or ass kissing for political reasons.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Originally, honorary degrees were given to people whose cumulative life experience demonstrated that they had the understanding generally understood to be the foundation of the equivalent earned degree, usually after doing things meritorious for the good of society. Unfortunately, this has morphed into a beauty contest and/or ass kissing for political reasons.

Yup.....they gave the big "O" the Nobel peace prize for doing.....well.....Nada, nothing, Zip

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    False rape accusations are nothing new. The dude may have done it, but the charges need to be right... and not piggy-backed on by vultures.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Don't worry Bill, I'll pardon you if I get the preezy of the united steezy position."

hillary_divorceb.jpg

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So you drug a woman to "penetrate" her with your fingers? Here's a guy that could get all the action he wanted due to his celebrity status so why would he do this? Lot's of questions here. Will be interesting to see where it goes. I think in a lot of these scenarios with wealthy people that someone is looking for a check.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So you drug a woman to "penetrate" her with your fingers? Here's a guy that could get all the action he wanted due to his celebrity status so why would he do this? Lot's of questions here. Will be interesting to see where it goes. I think in a lot of these scenarios with wealthy people that someone is looking for a check.

First, I have a hard time believing that the accusations are false. I can remember hearing about them for decades with them being swept under the rug by virtue of, well, position.

Why would he? For some people, there is a thrill in wrong-doing that isn't available otherwise. Some twisted sense of gratification from taking what isn't voluntarily given rather than accepting what is. I see it as a manifestation of wrong-doing being like a drug in which it takes progressively greater amounts to get the same fix previously available with less.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    First, I have a hard time believing that the accusations are false. I can remember hearing about them for decades with them being swept under the rug by virtue of, well, position.

Why would he? For some people, there is a thrill in wrong-doing that isn't available otherwise. Some twisted sense of gratification from taking what isn't voluntarily given rather than accepting what is. I see it as a manifestation of wrong-doing being like a drug in which it takes progressively greater amounts to get the same fix previously available with less.

You could be very right. I've never been a top celebrity with tons of cash and followers so what do i know? What does hit home is I was once the victim of a false charge in the corporate setting. I had a tough month or so before being totally exonerated. Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth that my superiors looked at me differently until I was cleared.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You could be very right. I've never been a top celebrity with tons of cash and followers so what do i know? What does hit home is I was once the victim of a false charge in the corporate setting. I had a tough month or so before being totally exonerated. Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth that my superiors looked at me differently until I was cleared.

I understand, but it isn't like you had a steady stream of this for decades, all vanishing under the rug.

Top Bottom