Bill O': No one should own a "AK-15" Seriously, gets worse too.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Bill really needs to spend a weekend being educated about firearms and how they function. He has always been a proponent for gun controls until Katrina which opened his eyes some. His problem is that he recognizes his need for security from the kooks who threaten him and can afford protection. Unlike the rest of us who have to provide our own.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I couldn't stand it last week. I sent him a "pithy" comment that follows: Dear Bill, you are a student of history. You constantly repeat the mantra of gun registration. There is no example in world history where gun registration has not resulted in gun confiscation. Needless to say, my comment wasn't put on air.
    I agree with your sentiments, but making over-reaching statements will not help our cause. Why give O'Reilly the chance to debunk that claim? Remember that you don't get a rebuttal. Not every gun ever registered has been confiscated.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Does anyone really take Billo seriously? He's a hack, nothing more. Hardly a decent representative of conservatism or limited government.

Hwseeker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    If he can't get the names right, how can anyone trust his facts or position?

That the original post illustrates is the overwhelming ignorance of the reactionary media and the general non-gun owning public.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I agree with your sentiments, but making over-reaching statements will not help our cause. Why give O'Reilly the chance to debunk that claim? Remember that you don't get a rebuttal. Not every gun ever registered has been confiscated.

Can you debunk the claim?

If anyone could it would be you.

How is it overreaching if it is fact?

Where has gun registration hummed quietly along and not ended in confiscation?

I can't find a single example.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Can you debunk the claim?

If anyone could it would be you.

How is it overreaching if it is fact?

Where has gun registration hummed quietly along and not ended in confiscation?

I can't find a single example.
    The statement is too broad to defend. All Bill needs to do is point out any place in the world with currently registered guns and say, "See! Registration did not lead to confiscation!"

And again, you don't get an opportunity to retort on air.

You could safely point out how most confiscations were preceded by gun registration. I don't know if we can make absolute statements there either.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    While gun registration does not in itself lead to confiscation, every country that has confiscated guns used the list of registered gun owners to do so.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    You can't compare crime of other countries to America. We are a VERY different nation compared to our neighbors and a different kind of gun culture. No other nation around the world was founded like ours.

StrayDog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    South West
    I agree with this. See, I used to own several AK-15's, But I had a moment of clarity and heated all the barrels up and tied them in a knot. I suggest you all do the same.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    I just want to say that the last numbers i've read indicated over 2 or 2 and half million AR15's in civilian hands but that numbers probably low. Also there are probably several million more AK variants, G3/Cetme, Fal's, M14s, Mini-14s etc. There is no question that these weapons are in common use and the FBI data indicates they are no problem, no problem at all, because most people getting killed are being killed by handguns and on the rare occasion a rifle is used it isn't even an "assault weapon". This assault weapon stuff is nonsense, it is a non-issue, single data points of manics being maniacs does not justify further erosion of civil rights and sweeping legislation against millions of people's property that will effect generations to come. These massacres have been tragic but my AR15 has nothing to do with it, period.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Does anyone really take Billo seriously? He's a hack, nothing more. Hardly a decent representative of conservatism or limited government.

Bill has never stated he is a conservative....he isn't. However he has views and values that are very conservative. I have seen him make libtards bleed out the eyes, he gets a A+ for that....as for guns probably about a C-......Bill is a city kid.....if we could get Ted Nugent to take him shooting for a week and let the poor city slicker kill and gut something he might be a better man.
    Bill is who an what he is....I like him, has many good points.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom