• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I'm not a big knife guy but other then the "cool" factor I can't see any real concern with the auto knives. Personally, I enjoyed watching someone try to work a butterfly knife when I was a kid. Also, if an auto is banned then why not an assisted opener? Seriously, as I am new to the knife laws this one is dumb just like a lot of the other useless laws we have anymore.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    What is the likelihood of something like this passing the rest of the way?

Thanks...

My gut tells me that this time it is going to pass because it has support from several key representatives, and the group "Knife Rights" (Knife Rights is the NRA for knife issues) is also pushing (behind) this. A precedent was set last year when New Hampshire was able to repeal their laws that restricted auto knives, this will also help in repealing the law here in Indiana.:twocents:

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    My gut tells me that this time it is going to pass because it has support from several key representatives, and the group "Knife Rights" (Knife Rights is the NRA for knife issues) is also pushing (behind) this. A precedent was set last year when New Hampshire was able to repeal their laws that restricted auto knives, this will also help in repealing the law here in Indiana.:twocents:

The only issue I see with this is the "who cares" mentality when it comes to things like this. Most politicians don't care about issues that aren't economic, welfare, or politically important as a whole.

Lets be honest....politicians are crooks who are allowed to be crooks because we say they can.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In all honesty... I'll probably never own an automatically opening knife...

Due to cost alone.

Same with a machine gun.

But darn it, it should be legal for me to own them should I want to own one!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    , if an auto is banned then why not an assisted opener? .

assisted open knives were not being made when this archaic law was passed

and it is a stupid law, a knee jerk reaction to "old school" gangs who carried "greaser" switchblades (and sang and danced like west side story)

everybody knows that now a days gangs carry glock fordys (and of corse follow ALL laws pertaining to valid legal ownership and have a current valid indiana ltch)

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Microtech hands down.

May want to look at Dalton as well . . . when it is legal to do so.

Agreed, Microtech is the ruling king of OTF's. I have heard horror stories about their customer service however.IMHO a very underrated OTS is the Spyderco Citadel. ~$125, S30v, aluminum body, fires very hard and has stellar ergos.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My question is, when this goes through, how will one order such knives??

Must they go through a dealer? or can we order online? I know a LOT of auto knife sites say MIL/LEO after faxed papers. What about where it's legal?

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    My question is, when this goes through, how will one order such knives??

Must they go through a dealer? or can we order online? I know a LOT of auto knife sites say MIL/LEO after faxed papers. What about where it's legal?

I am curious about this also. I bought one of my Bench made autos in Louisiana and another one in Nebraska. I don't really need another one but if they are legal here I would have to buy another one in Indiana.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I am sure Brad of Bradsknives will be more than happy to fill all of you automatic knife needs. Of course only WHEN or if the law passes....!!! He is an authorized Microtech and Protech dealer..!! Awesome guy to do business with too..!!!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I am sure Brad of Bradsknives will be more than happy to fill all of you automatic knife needs. Of course only WHEN or if the law passes....!!! He is an authorized Microtech and Protech dealer..!! Awesome guy to do business with too..!!!

stop kissing ass your not getting any more discounts from brad. you know the deal we get the ******* buddy deal and nothing else damn it :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom