• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    I updated the number, I don't know where I got that other one from, but they were very similar. This is the one I called!

You'll get through much quicker by calling his district office instead of the statehouse switchboard.

Rep. Bill Davis
    District 33
    260-726-4727 NEW NUMBER

I called today and said that I hope he can help get Senate Bill 6 passed out of his committee so that it can be voted on this session.

Ram1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Porter County
    I did my part...

... called and left a message this morning (seemed like I got a residential answer machine message for "the Davis'", but that's okay :D ). It seems absurd that this would most likely pass the House and Senate, but just be sitting in sub-committee to die on the vine. :twocents:

gunluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    The ban on automatics never made sense to me, the gravity blades are just as quick. I hope they do repeal the stupid law anyway.

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Damn, I tried hard to do my part. I posted very attention getting threads on all of the major knife communities to rally the hoosiers that don't visit this site. There were a lot of views but no replies of any actions taken.
    It must be a small minority of us that really give a crap about it.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    Damn, I tried hard to do my part. I posted very attention getting threads on all of the major knife communities to rally the hoosiers that don't visit this site. There were a lot of views but no replies of any actions taken.
    It must be a small minority of us that really give a crap about it.

In general, most people seem satisfied with being ruled and content to practice only the privileges they are allowed. :(

I sent a couple emails and called a couple of times. Sadly I did not realize that posting a reply here was what I had to do to show I really gave a crap.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I sent a couple emails and called a couple of times. Sadly I did not realize that posting a reply here was what I had to do to show I really gave a crap.

Whether you posted here or not, you are part of the small minority that gave a crap. Glad to hear you were involved. :yesway:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    This may have already been said but why can't the bill be amended to allow people who have a concealed carry permit to carry an automatic knife? Isn't this how Kentucky does it? This might be more palatable to the older legislators who have watched too many reruns of West Side Story! Besides only a fool brings a knife to a gunfight.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    This may have already been said but why can't the bill be amended to allow people who have a concealed carry permit to carry an automatic knife? Isn't this how Kentucky does it? This might be more palatable to the older legislators who have watched too many reruns of West Side Story! Besides only a fool brings a knife to a gunfight.

Because No one in Indiana has a Concealed Carry Permit.

Did anyone get a reply their email? I sent one, but got nothing back. Usually on stuff like that I get a form letter or auto response.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    This may have already been said but why can't the bill be amended to allow people who have a concealed carry permit to carry an automatic knife? Isn't this how Kentucky does it? This might be more palatable to the older legislators who have watched too many reruns of West Side Story!
    So you want to start on the you need a License to Carry a Knife Slope....
    Besides only a fool brings a knife to a gunfight.
    Depends...

I would wager there are a couple of members on this site that could best you with just a knife even though you have a Pistol... :popcorn:

Top Bottom