• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    [FONT=&quot]A billboard in western Colorado that uses caricatures to depict President Obama as a terrorist, gangster, Mexican bandit and gay.

Story: [/FONT]Billboard Caricatures Obama as Terrorist, Gangster, Bandito, Gay Man

Although some of this may be representative of Obama I think this is going too far. Aside from poor taste it borders on pure hate in its lowest form.
    I don't respect Obama or the questionable way he obtained the office, I'm not convinced he is even qualified as a citizen to be president but this is too much, IMO.

Follow the link to the story to see the billboard.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I think this kind of stuff probably does more harm than good. Some who are "anti-Democrat" may get a laugh out of it. Undecideds may well get turned off and not want to support the Republicans (whether the Republicans actually posted the billboard, they will get credit for it) that posted it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    While I don't disagree with you, Pocketman - I would point out that FAR worse things were said about/done to Bush et al. as well. Political Cartoonery and hoisting politicians on their own petard has been fair game for millenia. I don't see it changing any time soon. Personally I prefer not to engage in it. But surprised at it? uhh.... no.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Who is so weak-minded that they will look at this billboard then change their mind and not vote for his challenger? BHO is destroying this nation and I enjoy any rebuttal of him. He spews sewage about this country and we are suppose to just take it? We are suppose to just "be the nice guy" and "take the high road"?? That's why he got into the office of president... APATHY! I think that billboard speaks volumes of truth. Bring on more of them exposing that criminal in the position of POTUS!!!

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    may not be fully representative, IMO, they could have added a few more characters. i did get a laugh out of it and i'm not even a democrat hater. its political humor, not blasphemy.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    While I don't disagree with you, Pocketman - I would point out that FAR worse things were said about/done to Bush et al. as well. Political Cartoonery and hoisting politicians on their own petard has been fair game for millenia. I don't see it changing any time soon. Personally I prefer not to engage in it. But surprised at it? uhh.... no.
    You are absolutely right - the door swings both ways.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Political cartoonists used to play a big role in the media back when newspapers were the only real median especially since fewer people could read back then.

I still think they play a role today as well. This kinda stuff seems a little childish to me but whatever. I'm indifferent. Every POTUS gets this type of "caricature assassination" from the opposing POVs.

So they have BHO in a turbin with a bomb strapped to his chest. If the artist really wanted to be controversial, why not display him as Mohammed and see how quickly the Islamic radicals respond. Will the artist get beheaded??

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    This stuff has been going on in American politics from the very beginning.

It seems people can rent billboards and say whatever the hell they want. I wonder how much that costs.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Since when is "disrespectful" and "in bad taste" automatically something a honorable person wouldn't do? I mean, if it was slanderous, then yes, a honorable person would not do it. But if it's not slander, then why wouldn't an honorable person take steps that could very well be called for.

Personally, I think it's funny. It's not something that I'd put on a billboard, but still funny.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    [FONT=&quot]A billboard in western Colorado that uses caricatures to depict President Obama as a terrorist, gangster, Mexican bandit and gay.

Story: [/FONT]Billboard Caricatures Obama as Terrorist, Gangster, Bandito, Gay Man

Although some of this may be representative of Obama I think this is going too far. Aside from poor taste it borders on pure hate in its lowest form.
    I don't respect Obama or the questionable way he obtained the office, I'm not convinced he is even qualified as a citizen to be president but this is too much, IMO.

Follow the link to the story to see the billboard.

You're right... it is too much. Barry Hussein is not dedicated enough to be a terrorist and doesn't have the fashion sense of a gay man... He is a gangster and a bandit, though.

Does it qualify as pure hate? Yes, I think it does. I think it's pretty obvious that the artist hates the criminal occupying the White House with every fiber of his being.

Personally, I do not. I don't want to see harm befall him. I want to see him embarrassed in some scandal. I want to see him resign or be impeached, tried, found guilty, and removed from office in ignominy. I am hesitant to go that far because I would not want to see his sins be inappropriately applied to his children (not legally, but people would remember. No one with the last name of "Arnold" ever names their son "Benedict", y'know?) That said, though, he needs to have to live with the results of his crimes.

The billboard would be funny if the parts of it that are true were not.

Blessings,
    Bill

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You're right... it is too much. Barry Hussein is not dedicated enough to be a terrorist and doesn't have the fashion sense of a gay man... He is a gangster and a bandit, though.

Does it qualify as pure hate? Yes, I think it does. I think it's pretty obvious that the artist hates the criminal occupying the White House with every fiber of his being.

Personally, I do not. I don't want to see harm befall him. I want to see him embarrassed in some scandal. I want to see him resign or be impeached, tried, found guilty, and removed from office in ignominy. I am hesitant to go that far because I would not want to see his sins be inappropriately applied to his children (not legally, but people would remember. No one with the last name of "Arnold" ever names their son "Benedict", y'know?) That said, though, he needs to have to live with the results of his crimes.

The billboard would be funny if the parts of it that are true were not.

Blessings,
    Bill

This "I want to see him resign or be impeached, tried, found guilty, and removed from office" agreed.

I didn't like this kind of crap when the democrats did it to Bush and I think its going to far now with the Kenyan. I would have liked to see Clinton impeached for his crimes, but justice does not exist in a society were greed and corruption are rewarded.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The dems could have posted it themselves to fingerpoint republicans. Maybe not, but maybe so. It's very possible and I wouldn't put it past them. They get off on playing games and pointing fingers.

Top Bottom