• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I seriously miss the Bob & Tom glory days of the 1980s-1990s, when each day they'd have at least two or three brand new bits that would have me laughing hard.

Yeah...me too. I used to be a loyal listener and about the time they got to syndicating, they lost me. I'd tune back in occassionally to get a laugh but it seemed like they were always replaying some old bit from years ago. I finally gave up for good.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Did you know that Kristi Lee's real name is Teresa? I met her cousin in Vincennes .

Yep
    Here real surname is Rose.

Yeah...me too. I used to be a loyal listener and about the time they got to syndicating, they lost me. I'd tune back in occassionally to get a laugh but it seemed like they were always replaying some old bit from years ago. I finally gave up for good.

Actually, they continued to do material after they picked up syndication, but I trace the end of new bits from when the Internet really started siphoning money from the radio industry.
    Back in the 1980s and 1990s, Q95 was just huge, with lavish ticket giveaways, contests, promotions, and B&T would go to some Carribean location each winter to do a live broadcast.
    Over the last 15 years or so, the radio industry at large is a mere shadow what it used to be money-wise, and I'm sure that lower earning potential forced budget cuts that made it so that they could no longer commission new bits, promotions, and all the really cool stuff we miss from our youth.
    btw...I still listen to them for at least an hour on my way home each morning, mainly because I like the banter.
    It just makes me sad to know that, when they finally fold the tent the rest of the way, there almost certainly won't be anything to replace it.
    It's too bad that it's not quite the show it once was, but it'll really suck when we can't even listen to Tom talk about his multiple neuroses, Chick laugh about his genuinely sad childhood, or Kristi make light of her terrible luck with men.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    But why are all the hits white splatters?

That's what smears of lead look like on steel after an impact. You're seeing reflections of light from small particles of lead.

It would look the same on the plate if you shot it a bunch of times and it was never painted, or you shot it enough so that no paint was left.

Top Bottom