• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Jalalabad AStan - Kakul/Abbottobad PStan 152 statute miles, border FARP even closer (120)

Approx Google Earth LZ altitude 3908 MSL, even picking B-line I got nothing much over 4K MSL enroute.

Just :twocents:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just looked. Thought it was higher than that. Oh well. Guess it's definitely do-able from A-stan.

Weather this time of year isn't too terrible around the Khyber Pass either, is it? Nothing that would preclude a direct in-fil?

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Certainly a walk in the park for a Stealthed up version of a 60 then, huh? ;)

I have no idea where or what aircraft were used.

I do know that...

1. No matter where or what was flown, it was no walk in the park, and in fact was probably some of the most demanding rotary wing flying ever accomplished.

2. It was flown by by some extremely gifted aviators, who risked everything to ensure a "no fail" mission was a success. Only wish I could buy them a beverage of their choice. Raised a glass of my very best single malt to them and their "passengers" last night. Whoever they are they rank with the true legends of military aviation and hold my utmost respect.

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    :ar15:
    225524_112120082206402_100002252330963_113981_5619395_n.jpg

:patriot:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just saw this. The POTUS left them hanging on the mission so he could sleep on it.... how indecisive can one guy be. Why is this only in the British Press...
    Osama Bin Laden dead: Obama took 16 hours to make up his mind | Mail Online

I just got threatened with "unfriending" on Facebook because I dared to question our Supreme Commander and posted the above..

Bush pauses 2 minutes on 9/11 and is STILL hearing about it, but Obama takes 16 hours, and it is offensive I question him? :dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I just got threatened with "unfriending" on Facebook because I dared to question our Supreme Commander and posted the above..

Bush pauses 2 minutes on 9/11 and is STILL hearing about it, but Obama takes 16 hours, and it is offensive I question him? :dunno:

Doesn't sound like someone I would miss being removed from my friend list :draw:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Doesn't sound like someone I would miss being removed from my friend list :draw:

Indeed :n00b:

I found this Bill Maher quote about Bush on 9/11:
    "There is no time in the nuclear age for a President to sit like Forrest Gump 'gathering thoughts' after an attack has begun."

Wonder what Bill has to say about O waiting 16 HOURS :dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got him with my reppage.

To answer the question, he will say that Obama was suitably thoughtful given that he was making a decision to kill someone. Of course that is BS. He is just another hypocritical party hack.

Top Bottom