• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    My little brother was looking for a decent bipod for his remington 770.

Being new to longguns I wasn't sure how well the sling mounted bipods do or should he go for a barrel mounted.

Looking to spend around $30-50. Thanks!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I really like the Shooters Ridge bi-pods. I have, two of the 6"-9". One on my Savage and one on my Marlin. I know Gander sales them for $49.99.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    You don't want a barrel mount bipod because it is impossible to put exactly the samer amount of pressure on it every time. If the pressure on the barrel is different it will change the point of impact from shot to shot. Get a Harris bipod that attached to the swivel stud.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yea avoid barrel mounted bipods if you are looking for precision, they throw off the barrel harmonics.

The Harris style are my favorites & there are plenty of adapters to mount them to just about any rifle imaginable.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    My little brother was looking for a decent bipod for his remington 770.

Being new to longguns I wasn't sure how well the sling mounted bipods do or should he go for a barrel mounted.

Looking to spend around $30-50. Thanks!

The stud on my stepsons 770 is/was plastic. It broke off when he deployed the bipod. Maybe he had bad luck? :dunno:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I own a Harris bipod, but the Shooters Ridge and even the ones at wally world look a LOT like a Harris. Is there a real difference?

The Harris style is a pretty good design that's why it's been copied so much, however just like anything some copies are going to be better made than others.

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    The stud on my stepsons 770 is/was plastic. It broke off when he deployed the bipod. Maybe he had bad luck? :dunno:

Yeah it is plastic...I heard they like to break and wanted to avoid that. I'll do a little research on the bipods suggested. Thanks guys for the advice!

22collector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Warsaw
    I've noticed on two guns that I considered buying that the rifle moves a little when the gun is set on the bipod. The movement appears to be in the connection between the mounting point on the gun (at the swivel stud) and the bipod. Is this normal? I don't have any experience with bipods.

Top Bottom