• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N

ndrews_18--

Hey everyone I got a H&R .204 Ultra varmint fluted with a skeleton stock and the forestock has a special sliding bipod mount. Im trying to find a bipod for use at the shooting range and that will hold up, but something that not over 100-120 bucks. It doesnt have to swivel or move just be adjustable from like maybe 6-9 or 6-13 inches. I looked at harris but there website isnt very good, I also have a H&R .308 survivor that I would like to put a bipod on but it doest have a bottom bipod slide just sling nut on end of it.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The only ones I have are Harris.

I have one one a contender pistol and one one a contender rifle. Both are barrel mounted with an ar-15 mount I believe. Had them for years never a problem with them. Email them make model and height and I bet they get you the options you are looking for.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Harris makes great bipods that are well worth the money. I also have a Caldwell bipod that is similar to but less expensive than the Harris models. I put it on a .22 rifle and it has held up well also.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Slightly off topic: do the cheapo bipods they sell at Walmart work well enough for a 22?

yes

i have a walmart special on a 260 and i cant tell the diffrence between is and my harris as far as stability. i will be upgrading to a swivel bipod eventually but for now the walmart works fine

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I bought one of those cheapie 6-9" bipods you see on ebay for under $20. Expecting the worse, I have to say it has held up extremely well on my AR-15 and because of it's small size, it works very well at the range when shooting from tables, etc.. Purchased it over a year ago and still using it today. I will probably upgrade when it does finally wear out but for now it does the trick just fine.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have two Shooters Ridge 6"-9" bipods. I paid $49.99 for them. They are a good bi-pod for the money and I highly recommend them. They attach to the sling swivel stud and have an attachment point for a sling.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The "cheapie" ones at Walmart will be just fine MOST of the time.

I suggest that if you have a high-recoiling and/or heavy rifle, they might not hold up long term...

But for most shooting applications, they're entirely serviceable.

Might not have the fit/finish of others, but big deal. Also might not have the adjustability or the range of motion. Again...big deal to most of us.

-J-

Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    All of mine were $20 dollar cheaper than dirt specials that a trip to menards for hardware to attatch it worked perfectly. As long as they are heavy enough design for the caliber, they will work.

Top Bottom