• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I’m pretty sure you’re my uncle I never met!

Since your nephew picked the service gun category, is he interested in carrying it or concealed carry? If so, a compact would probably serve him better than a full size.
    He has a pistol. Matt got him one at and I got him a LWRCI M6 at 18. Matt bought a police department's surplus Glocks (got a deal) when they up graded.

This is for 21st B-D.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Number 4 has just graduated his AA program (electrician like 2 of his brothers) and is to turn 21 later this year.

"Get me anyting": #1 got a SA TPR 1911
    "I want a revolver": #2 got 2 Smith revolvers, 19 and a 17
    "Make it random, Uncle Kirk": #3 (I rolled dinner dice) got tricked out Ruger 22/45, mags and couple of cases of .22

I asked him and gave him categories, he responded "service pistol". Have "narrowed" it to maybe one of the new SIG 1911s, a SIG P6/226/228, a SIG 17/18 surplus (not COTS 320), a Beretta M9, Glock 19X?

Am I missing anything? What seems right for Gen Z? Roll dice again?
    Gen Zers seem to like the Glock P80s a lot

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I asked him and gave him categories, he responded "service pistol". Have "narrowed" it to maybe one of the new SIG 1911s, a SIG P6/226/228, a SIG 17/18 surplus (not COTS 320), a Beretta M9, Glock 19X?
    First, congratulations on a nephew completing his training program and entering the workforce as a productive member of society!
    Second...I've had people who, initially say, they don't like the looks or the color of the Glock 19X...but after they shoot it, they go 'Wow, that shoots really nice!' And if they still don't like the color, I recommend the all-black Glock model 45!
    The Beretta 92 is also kinda similar...many don't understand it until they shoot it...then, 'Wow...that's shoots nice!'

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    226 BlackWater is cool and would be my suggestion, my question is how does he feel about optics on pistols as that might be something to consider

Top Bottom