• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    This was in Seymour's paper (4/15/11) The Tribune, Zoning board approves request for variance to continue for operation of a gun shop named bite the bullet on u.s.31N in seymour, I would'nt give the buyers name or address, I don't know them nor have I talked to them, accourding to the article they plan to continue bob's store as it is now except they will go to part-time hours. I would guess that bob's health forced sale, I hate that, I have only shot a few times in the last 5 yrs because of my health and then my wife's health, I always enjoyed going to bob's shop and just looking and talking to him, he was always friendly, hellofa shooter and reloader and he was kinda like my friend frank was if he did't know he'd find out. I wish the buyer good luck if they don't change anything other that the hours, I'm sure they like bob will have a plenty of people in and out buying firearms and reloading supplies.:ingo:

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    I heard this the other day at a shoot at silvercreek. Bob is a heat guy that is great to deal with. Bought my first glock from him and only had the chance to shoot with him a few times before his health issues. I wish bob the best of luck. And I also wish the new owners the best of luck if they are anything like bob I am sure I will stop in.

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    Bite the Bullet and information on Bob

Hello all,

My name is Mark Hopkins and I am a friend of Bob TrueBlood. I want to start with information on Bob’s condition. He is being treated for an 8mm cancerous brain tumor that possibly caused him to have a stroke earlier this year. He is being treated at IU Med Center by the best doctors available. They are beating him down with chemo but he is staying very strong considering the strength of the treatment. Bob has a positive attitude and I believe he has what it takes to overcome this.

Now about the shop. I have purchased Bite the Bullet Gun Shop from Bob. It will remain in the same location. I am in the process of learning the operations and functions of the shop. I am also in the process of getting my FFL. Bob and I are also switching residences in 4-5 weeks. Bob is an extremely knowledgeable person that has built an outstanding reputation for himself and his shop. I will do my best to continue what Bob has created. I am trying to soak up all that I can from Bob’s knowledge. Bob has lots of years of experience and I will be the first to admit that I don’t. I own a variety of firearms and enjoy hunting and shooting and am a very strong supporter of the Second Amendment. Over the upcoming months and years I will learn all that I can to better serve you. I will make my best effort to answer any questions and do my best to supply your shooting needs.

I will still focus on quality handguns and reloading supplies. I will also continue to stock some common rifles and shotguns and other items that the store currently keeps on hand. The hours currently vary depending on Bobs health at the time, but we are trying to be open every weekend. If you are in question as to whether we are open, please call 812-445-3010.

After we get all the paperwork done and our belongings moved I will establish regular hours. I will be open in the evenings and on Saturday (and possibly Sunday afternoons). My wife Lauren and I will host a party at the shop to get to know everyone better. My dad roasts hogs so there will be pork sandwiches and hopefully some live music. As soon we set the date I will post the information.

Sincerely,
    Mark Hopkins

MedicMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Henryville, IN
    :welcome: to :ingo: Thanks for the update about Bob and glad to hear he's fighting through it. Sounds like you have a great plan with the shop anmd wish you the best. Keep us updated on both.

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    Bob is having a little trouble flushing the last round of chemo out of his system. They will monitor him until all of it is out of his body. We are open today until 6pm and will be open next week in the evenings. I told Bob that there is a lot of people on INGO with good things to say about him.

I will have to think of some type of land mark to put out front to identify the shop by for anyone not familiar with the location.

Enjoy the great weather today!

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    Hours this weekend

Bite the Bullet will not be open Friday June 3rd. We will be open Saturday the 4th from 10AM to 6PM and Sunday afternoon.

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County

Rayne

I dont have 15 posts yet and my Site Supporter Status has not been added yet so I had to post you a message this way.

I have a Sig Mosquito and a Walter P22 in stock. Please call me at 812-445-3010 for pricing or more info.

Thanks

Top Bottom