• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm actually pretty surprised companies produce shotguns without them these days. Seems like a really simple.way to broaden your market.

I wonder what the barrel wall thickness is on the CZ sharptail coach.... perhaps it's thick enough to be threaded... hmmm more research is required.

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I wonder what the barrel wall thickness is on the CZ sharptail coach.... perhaps it's thick enough to be threaded... hmmm more research is required.

You really want one of those CZs, huh? Seems like a steeper investment to beging with, especially if you're going to have to have someone cut threads ... unless you do those things yourself.

Might be worth a question over on the gunsmithing threads.

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Seems to be a trend in my life. I start out shopping for something economical to save money and get the job done. Then end up buying the most expensive one anyway.

We want what we want, and we need what we need. I'm a member of the "buy once cry once" club after many a years struggling with equipment that was close, but not everything I wanted.

You do you booboo! Just let us know how it works out.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have never owned a Condor, but my brother does own one. He uses it to occasionally shoot trap, sporting clays and hunt pheasant. It has gone bang without a hiccup. But, the darn thing has an internal rattle. It locks up tight, fit & finish is decent but that rattle drives me NUTS. Now, I do have a Stoeger Uplander Supreme SxS and would have no problem recommending one. I bought mine @ 20yrs ago when they first came out and it was within a reasonable price point at the time. I have used it for hunting rabbits, shot some trap and sporting clays with it as well.
    Now as someone mentioned early on, I do not think it would hold up to any serious clays usage. For anyone who plans to bust clays regularly, a bit higher quality is needed. You get what you pay for so be honest with yourself about what you will use it for and how often you will use it

Not sure a coach gun would be high on my list unless you are shooting cowboy action. Stoeger does make a decent coach gun from what I hear. I have a friend that does cowboy action and has 2 of them he has beat the crap out of. The short barrels swing fast but also often cause a swing that is too fast on clays. For field use or clays, I wouldn't consider anything shorter than 26" barrel. Really depends what you plan to use it for. Many trap shooters like 30-34", skeeters seem to like 26-28" and sporting shooters seem to be all over from 26-32" just personal preferences

Top Bottom