• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Okay everyone....... Getting close to about that time of year where we are itching for new goodies and as we all know Black Friday sales are the best time of year for big purchases......

Site Advertisers!!! Post your Black Friday Sales here!!!!

Everyone else...... Post what your going to get and wanting to find......

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'd be happy with some dirt-cheap 9mm ammo. I've been stocking up on .38 Special thanks to Meijer's $12.99/box WWB "sale" lately. Wouldn't really call it a sale because it has been that price for like, a month. Now that I think about it, a nice cheap Ruger 10/22 would be killer. Sometimes I just want to plink and not obliterate something; 12 gauge isn't much of a plinker. More like a splatter.:D

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I would think the appropriate place for folks to post their Black Friday deals would be within their own Advertiser subforums... :dunno:

I would disagree. Not so much with the appropriate part, but more from an effectiveness viewpoint.

While I like to reward loyal customers, I also want new customers to be aware of such happenings. I personally feel that the sub forums are good for cummunicating with an existing customer base, but are terrible for reaching out to new clientel.

I have had sales the past couple years that no one knew about for this very reason. Existing customers weren't in the market and new customers didn't know to look there. It seems as of late the 'rules of engagement' for vendors has evolved from where it was when I signed up, so I will adjust my tactics accordingly.

That being said....who likes steel sales? Anything in particular?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I would disagree. Not so much with the appropriate part, but more from an effectiveness viewpoint.

While I like to reward loyal customers, I also want new customers to be aware of such happenings. I personally feel that the sub forums are good for cummunicating with an existing customer base, but are terrible for reaching out to new clientel.

I have had sales the past couple years that no one knew about for this very reason. Existing customers weren't in the market and new customers didn't know to look there. It seems as of late the 'rules of engagement' for vendors has evolved from where it was when I signed up, so I will adjust my tactics accordingly.

I tend to agree with the above statement. If a store was having just a run-of-the-mill sale, then I think it should go in their own section. But with Black Friday being such a huge sales day, I think a section in General Firearms is a great idea.

I need/want several things like various reloading supplies and firearms accesories. Plus I've got a serious itch for a new wheel gun. I really don't want to have to go through every supporters section with the hope of finding something I like. If the information was in one thread, it could very well lead me to my next purchase. Like many other members, I've been known to throw down major cabbage if there's a deal to be had.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010

This. I never even knew there was an advertisers subforum where they posted sales until shooter mentioned it in this thread.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I'm looking for uppers and upper parts to put on my recently built lower. Always looking for good deals on ammo (9mm, 5.56, 7.62x39). And I love surprises!

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I got a Savage Edge, now known as the Axis, last year in 308 with a scope for $250 from Dicks. I didnt need it but that was a solid deal.

I want to do a 10/22 build so I would second the notion for a 10/22. Otherwise, I think I am like most people and will just look through for a good/great deal on something.

Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    just got a Henry lever action and I have a blast shooting it! and since it is .22, it's almost free to shoot compared to my .40 and .45. Where is the subforum located for stores to post ads like everyone was talking about earlier?

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I got a Savage Edge, now known as the Axis, last year in 308 with a scope for $250 from Dicks. I didnt need it but that was a solid deal.

I want to do a 10/22 build so I would second the notion for a 10/22. Otherwise, I think I am like most people and will just look through for a good/great deal on something.

I've never heard of a savage edge. Sounds like a good deal, especially with a scope as budsgunshop.com has them for 275 without optics. Are they any good? I'm like you in that I don't need it but it would be hard to pass up a decent gun at that price.

Top Bottom