• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    Last year Dick's had a special deal on Remington 700's that had the longer varmint barrel with a synthetic camo stock. Plus a variable 12X scope was also included in the box.
    They were on sale for $100 off plus there was a Dick's $100 rebate.
    And then for having a a Dick's Scorecard, enough points were earned from the purchase to also receive a $10 gift certificate in the mail.
    It was at least the 2nd time that I know of that Dick's offered that same Black Friday "blowout" deal although it was several years apart.
    On another Black Friday the almost identical Remington 700 sale model had a black stock.
    And it was offered in several calibers on a first come, first serve basis.
    If you don't mind buying a Remington 700 that has a type of sandblasted matte blue "budget" finish (that looks similar to a Remington 870 Express shotgun) in order to save $100's of dollars, then it's one of those Black Friday deals that can't be beat.

Last edited:

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    remington 700 for $100 seems like a steal! Cant find them used for that!

Not quite. I said that it was priced at $100 off [the regular price], plus they offered a $100 rebate, along with a $10 gift certificate for having a Scorecard.
    That was a savings of $210 off the price of their "budget model" Remington 700.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last year Dick's had a special deal on Remington 700's that had the longer varmint barrel with a synthetic camo stock. Plus a variable 12X scope was also included in the box.
    They were on sale for $100 off plus there was a Dick's $100 rebate.
    And then for having a a Dick's Scorecard, enough points were earned from the purchase to also receive a $10 gift certificate in the mail.
    It was at least the 2nd time that I know of that Dick's offered that same Black Friday "blowout" deal although it was several years apart.
    On another Black Friday the almost identical Remington 700 sale model had a black stock.
    And it was offered in several calibers on a first come, first serve basis.
    If you don't mind buying a Remington 700 that has a type of sandblasted matte blue "budget" finish (that looks similar to a Remington 870 Express shotgun) in order to save $100's of dollars, then it's one of those Black Friday deals that can't be beat.

remington 700 for $100 seems like a steal! Cant find them used for that!

Not quite. I said that it was priced at $100 off [the regular price], plus they offered a $100 rebate, along with a $10 gift certificate for having a Scorecard.
    That was a savings of $210 off the price of their "budget model" Remington 700.

Are you all forgetting what Dicks did to gun owners after Sandyhook last year? To each their own if they choose to support the anti-gun business, I guess. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not necessarily true. I was actually able to buy a couple of things this last year online before stores opened on Black Friday. There are no hard rules on this, so it is a case-by-case basis. I was able to buy items online after midnight on Black Friday before the store even opened and have it ready for pickup when I decided to saunter in after the crowds.

True! I was trying to get this passed along above.:dunno:
    The online companies have no rules and they watch the markets closely. They are happy to give great deals early, after and in between ALL of the holidays. It's well worth it to be on mailing lists and subscribe to all related forum threads. Cyber Monday is the advertised "big deal" but, for those in the know, there are huge bargains starting soon all the way through the end of the year.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I notice AR components like BCG's, stripped lowers and mags seem to be back down to last year's pricing. Wonder if there will be any better sale pricing of the things we all wish we'd better stocked up on after the gun control worries of early this year?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got an email this morning from AGS Armament (INGO supporter) about them having a month long sale. For example they've got Pmags for $9.95 right now. I've already placed an order this morning that'll get me in trouble with the wife. I don't have the time to walk into stores and shop, I know what I want and I know the local websites that I support. AGS is an Indiana based company and worthy of your dollars.

The other website I check is Palmetto State Armory (INGO supporter). They've got their daily deals right now that are pretty good and they're notorious for black friday deals on $50 stripped lowers in the past. I like the way they've treated the gun community in the past and I'll do business with them again any day of the week. I've got a build I started with them that I need to get finished up so I'll be watching them closely.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Well, we've bashed Dicks Sporting Goods AND Troy Industries on this forum...ALOT. With that being said, I wish that I'd have gotten one of those Troy ARs that they sold on Black Friday for around $800...now going for $1400 on other sites. Oh well...

Honestly, BF is the time to grab all of your shooting needs...holsters, magazines, targets, sights, scopes...

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Well, we've bashed Dicks Sporting Goods AND Troy Industries on this forum...ALOT. With that being said, I wish that I'd have gotten one of those Troy ARs that they sold on Black Friday for around $800

Got mine;

DII_8193w.jpg

No reason to bash Troy. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Hoping to get a fireproof gun safe on BF this year. Seems like I did a lot to fill one up this year! Hope I can find one on a deal. Don't want to have to take out a 2nd mortgage to get one!

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I got a lot a .22 ammo 2 years ago. 10,000 rounds. The price was 13.95 a box of 525 and I thought I was foolish then. Told my wife it was for the kids. Still shooting for fun without regrets.

Top Bottom