• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nfolsom13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    greenfield, IN
    i was always told they were looking for grow fields...with the thermals on thats why they fly so low and slow...but who knows what those G men are up to lol AND YES GREENFIELD IS A STRANGE PLACE lol

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I thought Jim Irsay had a black helicopter? Either a A109 or a Eurcopter Dauphin(big fan in the tail)

That and with all the flooding maybe it was scouting the white river?

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    i was always told they were looking for grow fields...with the thermals on thats why they fly so low and slow...but who knows what those G men are up to lol AND YES GREENFIELD IS A STRANGE PLACE lol

FYI , during the day you don't need any "special" equipment you weren't born with to spot grow fields .

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Couple things for all you tinfoil-hatters:

1. The only 'black' Blackhawks I've ever seen were in service with US Customs. The military-issue anti-infrared paint is a very dark grey-green.

2. You likely will not see any civilian helicopters bigger than the air ambulance helicopters used by the various hospitals - and none of them are black. The most common helicopter you'll see over most of Indiana is the Blackhawk, followed by the military model of the Jet Ranger, and an occasional Apache, either up from Ft. Knox, or at Camp Atterbury preparing to deploy overseas, although most aviation units train up at Ft. Sill, OK, nowadays.
    3. If you're seeing anything bigger than a Blackhawk with a single main rotor, it's going to be a Marine helicopter - which will be very uncommon in the area.
    4. The Guard units at Shelbyville fly training flights day and night over most of Central Indiana, and frequently fly to other destinations in the state on assigned missions.
    5. Summertime is "Annual Training" time for many Guard units, and you will see increased activity because of this.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    There are a couple Robinson R22s that train out of Metropolitan (96th & I69 area) and at least one of them is black. Also they've got a dark Huey that they fly one evening a month to stay certified as SAR...

avalonbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Around 126th and 69 there is a person who owns a black UH-1N twin Huey. He has been flying it quite allot, all hours of the day and night. This may be what you have been seeing. There are also alot of Black Hawks that fly over that area from the Shelbyville National Guard air station going north to Grissom or Ft Wayne.I have also seen in the same area and around 70 and 465 on the east sice (landing at the State police post) a unmarked CH-47F Chinook

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Around 126th and 69 there is a person who owns a black UH-1N twin Huey. He has been flying it quite allot, all hours of the day and night. This may be what you have been seeing. There are also alot of Black Hawks that fly over that area from the Shelbyville National Guard air station going north to Grissom or Ft Wayne.I have also seen in the same area and around 70 and 465 on the east sice (landing at the State police post) a unmarked CH-47F Chinook

No this wansn't a blackhawk. And it was light green in color. I'm almost postive it was a Huey

michael b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Fishers
    There is a blackhawk training base down south I believe near Columbus. They fly up here and sometimes train at Fort Benjamin Harrison. I have seen them too on the NE side of Indy.

c2joe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    I've seen the green huey the last 2 weeks or so. Looks like he uses fishers muni airport sometimes in the afternoon.

Top Bottom