• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    What about German American month, English American month, etc. It wasn't that long ago when we were all just AMERICANS, and PROUD of it. By the way, would these be racist:

National association for the advancement of white people
    Miss white Amerca
    White entertainment television
    White expo
    Etc?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What about German American month, English American month, etc. It wasn't that long ago when we were all just AMERICANS, and PROUD of it. By the way, would these be racist:

National association for the advancement of white people
    Miss white Amerca
    White entertainment television
    White expo
    Etc?

German- American Heritage Month (Sep 15 to Oct 15)

The examples you mention above are very short sighted. African-Americans are the descendant's of slaves, slaves which came from various parts of Africa. They couldve been Kush, Zulu, Ethiopian or what have you. When they came to America, as slaves, their respective cultures were lost. In theory, if they had of kept their cultures, then perhaps we would have seen the rise of Nigerian or Zimbabwe Month. We don't because blacks have no idea where on the continent they originated from.

So that said, why would black history month be a problem?

Further, the Miss Black America pageant came into being because black women weren't allowed to participate in the national Ms. America pageant. The NAACP was founded by 4 white men and 3 black men. I personally think it's mission has been accomplished and should be disbanded, but it had a legitimate purpose.
    Black Entertainment Television was originally started to show reruns of old black sitcoms. How is that different (other than the name) from Nick at Nite, which showed re-runs of old 1950/60's serials (Lassie,Dennis the Menace, Donna Reed, Father Knows Best)?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm just American. Why do we only get ONE day, and not a whole month?

Independence Day.

The purpose of these months is to inform those who aren't part of the group of the respective culture. Being that in America, most people are Americans, it seems a moot point to do so.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ^^^ He makes a great point. Though I wasn't happy with him when he tried to change the Mississipp state flag. (Kut loves his stars and bars)

Fyi though, May is Jewish-American Month

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm just American. Why do we only get ONE day, and not a whole month?

Independence Day.

I'm tired of all the months dedicated to whoever thing. I think it's annoying and people could probably be putting their minds to better use than to think of this stuff.

+1 for Morgan Freeman. Not only an excellent actor, but a very intellegent man.

:yesway: It was a great clip

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm tired of all the months dedicated to whoever thing. I think it's annoying and people could probably be putting their minds to better use than to think of this stuff.

:yesway: It was a great clip

It looking at a lil of Freeman's history, I think he may have been pandering. He took an NAACP Image award. If he wants to be just a man, why is he taking an award that's based on race?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It looking at a lil of Freeman's history, I think he may have been pandering. He took an NAACP Image award. If he wants to be just a man, why is he taking an award that's based on race?

To keep up popularity? Hard telling. He probably has so many awards he stopped paying attention to who gave it to him and for what reason.

It's sort of ironic, since St. Patrick was born in Scotland.

Shhhh..... can't let the secret get out ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To keep up popularity? Hard telling. He probably has so many awards he stopped paying attention to who gave it to him and for what reason.

I wonder if he got an award for role on the Electric Company... lol

Electric-Company.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    We already have to listen to our women gripe once a month every month for their time of the month, then on top of that I have to hear how everyone is butt hurt that their dead ancestors were mistreated by my dead ancestors and they get their own months too. even though they wouldnt even be speaking english or living in houses if the past never happened (not talking about any one specific group). I just take it all with a grain of salt and have learned to just hate everyone equally.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    We already have to listen to our women gripe once a month every month for their time of the month, then on top of that I have to hear how everyone is butt hurt that their dead ancestors were mistreated by my dead ancestors and they get their own months too. even though they wouldnt even be speaking english or living in houses if the past never happened (not talking about any one specific group). I just take it all with a grain of salt and have learned to just hate everyone equally.

hater :stickpoke:

and on Mother's Day too :D

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Words of wisdom :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom