• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallend

Sharpshooter
    May 3, 2011
    At Friendship,In.---the weekend of May 21,and 22-----They are having a"Long Range Black Powder Cartridge Knockdown Sihlouette Match"---------Metal targets at 200,300,385,and 500 yards---with Single Shot"Buffalo Rifles"------Several great eating places at nearby Vevay(on the Ohio)In.

"I may have more guns than I need--but not nearly as many as I want"

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Great BP shoot today @ MCFG. Anyone interested in Traditional BP should come out, 3rd Sat of the month. Great group of people and a good time. Want to try out a BP rifle? Come on out.

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    May 22, 2011
    Say, "yes" to BP

I would appreciate a separate forum for BP. I shoot several BP cartridge rifles merely because that is what they were designed to use. I have an 1867 Peabody as well as an 1884 trapdoor in 45/70, an 1863 Sharps carbine in 50/70, an 1876 Gras carbine in 11mm gras, an 1859 Snider conversion in .577 snider, and an 1887 Martini Henry in .577/450. I love them because they are old dinosaurs like me, but I shoot them because of the inquiries and curious looks that they bring at the range.:yesway:

indy1919a4

Master
    Jan 7, 2011
    I would appreciate a separate forum for BP. I shoot several BP cartridge rifles merely because that is what they were designed to use. I have an 1867 Peabody as well as an 1884 trapdoor in 45/70, an 1863 Sharps carbine in 50/70, an 1876 Gras carbine in 11mm gras, an 1859 Snider conversion in .577 snider, and an 1887 Martini Henry in .577/450. I love them because they are old dinosaurs like me, but I shoot them because of the inquiries and curious looks that they bring at the range.:yesway:

Well I would like to see a detailed show and tell on the Trapdoor, Sharps 50/70 and the MArtini Henry... and please some detail photos and loading talk (.. shutter..)

The Martini is such a wonderful gun.. Please share.. Looks like I will have to watch Zulu again

Delmar

Master
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I have two bp pistols adn don't know much about them but they do intrigue me and I want more of them
    Are they cap and ball revolvers, or front stuffers?

I have become intrigued by this double barrel flintlock pistol

http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/PDBF.SHTML
    sold by Middlesex Village Trading Co.
    PDBF_proto_right.JPG

Last edited:

Flinttim

Marksman
    Jul 2, 2011
    I just found this Ingo forum yesterday. Muzzleloading is my 1st love when it comes to guns. I started building them about 30 yrs ago. I also have been competing down at Friendship since 1982.I also served on their Board of Directors for 7 years. If this sub forum idea flys I'd sure lend a hand where I can.
    Some more of my resume
    Mvc-004f-1.jpg

Mvc-001f-1.jpg

42899d4c.jpg

Mvc-002f-1.jpg

The 3rd pic down I won , the rest I made. They're my last builds.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Jul 2, 2011
    One is a 12 ga fowling piece and shoots where you look. The rifles all shoot better than a human can hold them.

indy1919a4

Master
    Jan 7, 2011
    Are they cap and ball revolvers, or front stuffers?

I have become intrigued by this double barrel flintlock pistol

Double Barrel Flint Pistol
    sold by Middlesex Village Trading Co.
    PDBF_proto_right.JPG

That is a real nice gun... Always love multiple barrels,

That is a very nice web site, do you have any 1st hand knowledge of items ordered from them.. Quality, Service etc..

The Matchlock Musket looks like a dream..

indy1919a4

Master
    Jan 7, 2011
    I just found this Ingo forum yesterday. Muzzleloading is my 1st love when it comes to guns. I started building them about 30 yrs ago. I also have been competing down at Friendship since 1982.I also served on their Board of Directors for 7 years. If this sub forum idea flys I'd sure lend a hand where I can.
    Some more of my resume
    Mvc-004f-1.jpg

Mvc-001f-1.jpg

42899d4c.jpg

Mvc-002f-1.jpg

The 3rd pic down I won , the rest I made. They're my last builds.

Those are really works of art.. Thanks for sharing

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    May 22, 2011
    reply to indy191a4

Sorry for the delay indy1919a4. Here are the pics of some of my BP cartridge rifles.
    Peabody
    rt_side_1.jpg

rcvr_lt_1.jpg

Trapdoor
    RT_side_1.jpg

rcvr_RT_side_1.jpg

Martini Henry
    MH_MK_IV_8.jpg

MH_MK_IV_6.jpg

Delmar

Master
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    That is a real nice gun... Always love multiple barrels,

That is a very nice web site, do you have any 1st hand knowledge of items ordered from them.. Quality, Service etc..

The Matchlock Musket looks like a dream..
    No firsthand knowledge so far, but I would like to change that one day! I thought I remembered reading that a lot of their guns were manufactured in India, but I can't find that info right now. :dunno:

FredMcIntire

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Dec 24, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    WTB .58 Caliber Black Powder Rifle, Percussion

I thought I'd post this here since its mostly the black powder people in here.

I'm looking for a traditional .58 Caliber black powder rifle, percussion. Does anybody have one sitting in the back of their closet that they'd like to sell ?

If so, send me a PM please.

Thanks !

Fred

Ryninger

Expert
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    What optics y'all running on your inlines? I've got a T/C prohunter that I'm looking for a new scope to stick on it... Looking for something dressed in realtree to match and not interested in BDC. Nikon Prostaff has my interest at moment.

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Jun 4, 2009
    Killed my first deer with a muzzleloader nearly 40 years ago. Still hunt and shoot with them. I think a Tennesee Mountain Rifle is a thing of beauty. I still have a dozen or so smokepoles left after giving most of my collection to my sons.

Top Bottom