• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msuspartan

Plinker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    Dixie Gun works has a lot of nice stuff too.
    If you wanting a kit then try those people.
    If you want someting to start shooting and then work on a rifle at you liesure, then Track of the Wolf, Dixie Gun works and Gunbroker have nice used available.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Jul 2, 2011
    Fish Creek Longrifles, North Vernon , will be having our annual Christmas Shoot this Saturday (tomorrow). Blanket Shoot, bring a $10 value prize, gift wrapped for your entry fee. Shoot will be followed by a pitch in dinner, meat provided.
    If you have never attended a M/L shoot before this would be a good one to get your feet wet on.Or just come out and not shoot but watch and learn and get something to eat afterward. It will be a woodswalk shoot, lots of steel clangers and resettables.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I have used a shotgun style scope on mine before. The quality of scopes these days ( like a Nikon, Leupold, Burris, etc) makes it possible to mount a good 3-9 power rifle scope on blackpowder.
    My current setup on a Traditons Timber Ridge .209 in line is a Nikon Buckmasters fixed power 4X40. The reason I tried this was simply because I got a great deal on the scope new, so I bought it. Works great.
    Look for good eye relief and my humble opinion is dont go real cheap. Then again, I wouldnt go looking Swarovski either. I saw a nice Burris the other day at Gander Mtn for around $200. My Nikon Pro Staff 2-7 x32 on another deer gun has been a solid, good scope too.

FredMcIntire

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Dec 24, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    .58 Caliber Round Balls

I'm looking for some .58 Caliber round balls. I'd like to find them locally rather than order them.

I have a .58 Caliber round ball mould if anyone can cast some for me.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'm looking for some .58 Caliber round balls. I'd like to find them locally rather than order them.

I have a .58 Caliber round ball mould if anyone can cast some for me.

Ooooooo, I was just searchin' the web to see if any of the TC "Big Boars" were for sale. Man that older TC stuff commands a high price!

Bud has a Cougar he might sell, it'd look great long side my Silver Elite. But I'm not selling a kidney to get it! ;)

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    For the last year I've been collecting Single action Western Revolvers. I've pretty much completed it with the ones I wanted (and could afford) at 14 Guns. Mixture of Ruger, Uberti, Cimarron and Great Western Arms.
    Now I have deceided that to further my interest in Guns of the West, It's time to add some Black Powder revolvers :D:spend: So I have a Pietta 1858 New Army .44 Cal Brass frame Texas model on the way from Cabelas. The best part of the BP revolvers is they are about half the price of the Single action revolvers.

rugertoter

Master
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    For the last year I've been collecting Single action Western Revolvers. I've pretty much completed it with the ones I wanted (and could afford) at 14 Guns. Mixture of Ruger, Uberti, Cimarron and Great Western Arms.
    Now I have deceided that to further my interest in Guns of the West, It's time to add some Black Powder revolvers :D:spend: So I have a Pietta 1858 New Army .44 Cal Brass frame Texas model on the way from Cabelas. The best part of the BP revolvers is they are about half the price of the Single action revolvers.
    I had one of those, and actually after I was shown how to shoot it, enjoyed the heck out of it. A guy I worked with wanted to buy it so I sold it to him. It sure was tough to clean though!:n00b:

msuspartan

Plinker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    Fred,
    ON the weekend of Feb. 18th is the Conner Longrifle Antique gun and Living History show at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds. Many merchants with .58 cal roundball there.

msuspartan

Plinker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    Flint,
    Sorry I missed your blanket shoot. Local groups need to have more of these events. Would get more people involved too.

nkantzer

Plinker
    Nov 27, 2011
    Rochester
    Its nice to have a forum for specific things. If we as a group that love Black Powder wnats we can do whatever we want. you can list black powder shoots compare powders and bullets, find ranges and maybe even meet some other people with the same love of the gun.. I am very fond of my Black powder rifle and this year is the first in 10 im looking into changing to a shotgun or pistal cartridge to hunt. when I got started years ago there wasnt anybody to help its all been self taught and this would have been nicce.

KEYBEAR

Shooter
    Jan 21, 2012
    Three week ago I traded for a Ruger Old Army 44cal . Black Powder gun . It came to me with all the stuff to shoot it . I got it out and shot it last week it was alot more fun then I thought it would be . It,s been really cold and snowing but as soon as the weather gets alittle better I will shoot it more . Something new and alot of fun .

jcoberley

Plinker
    Jan 21, 2012
    What ML are smokeless? I know savage made one but they have stopped making it and no one has it in stock, any others?

Belt99

Plinker
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson
    I haven't shot a black powder gun for quite some time. I am looking at getting my own. Any suggestions on what to start with. I have been looking at places like cabela's to order one. What are some of the things I might want to consider when purchasing one?

Top Bottom