• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have a CVA Hawken style rifle that I purchased used and never shot, so I go to the store to purchase the basic supplies. I did some initial research online and the entire process seems pretty straight forward except for the type of cap. I saw four different types of caps - 209, #10, #11 and musket caps. The staff at the store was not much help, they recommended calling the manufacturer, which I may do if I don't get an answer here first. Any help.......

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Rifles generally use #11 caps, pistols #10, inlines 209. I shoot flints mostly now, but when I do shoot caps my rifle seems to like the #11 Magnums from CCI.

I'm the Indiana state representative for a group known as the Traditional Muzzleloading Association. A really great group of guys, there is someone there who could answer any question. And if they cant, they know who can. You should check it out. I go by the name "Indiana" there (you stole my name!!! )

The Traditional Muzzleloading Association :: Index

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    more than likely it takes a #11 unless somenoe has changed the nipple. if you cant find a knowledgeable person at the local shop, remove the nipple, take it to the store with you and see which cap fits properly.

Top Bottom