• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Too Much. The price reflects a reputation that may or may not be warranted to reflect such a high price. I've seen prices reflect 5 bucks a round. Too Much.

There are many great personal defense rounds similiar or like the black talons only under a different name to make them politically correct.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Too Much. The price reflects a reputation that may or may not be warranted to reflect such a high price. I've seen prices reflect 5 bucks a round. Too Much.

There are many great personal defense rounds similiar or like the black talons only under a different name to make them politically correct.

Black Talon should be considered a 'collector' round not a personal defense round. The round is dated and technology has bypassed it. While it was an excellent round back then, there are better rounds available today.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The replacement for Black Talons were the Winchester Ranger SXT (Same Exact Thing). I have seen 9mm Black Talons go for 3$ a round. Don't buy any if you plan on it, like said above, there is greater technology than Black Talons now. If you have some sitting around, either sell them for a FAIR price or just shoot them to see if your firearm eats JHP's without a FTF. Just my :twocents:

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Soak a phone book in water for 12 hours and shoot them into that, then dig them out. Fully expanded Black Talons look wicked awesome and probably worth more that way then they are as complete rounds.

blablabla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    I have seen a box of 20 like new go for almost 90 dollars several months ago! People are crazy like that. Some consider it collector item.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Black Talons are old technology. They're decent defensive rounds, but the modern bonded core jacketed hollow points and the solid copper hollow points are better.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    p229-1.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Anyone have ONE round of black talon they would like to donate... i would love to put it in my safe and show everyone that i have EVIL ammo as well.

Top Bottom