• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wondering if anyone has either one, and what they think of them. Which do you think is better? I have AT&T, and am looking for a new phone. Kinda want a smart phone, since I've never had one, but not sure yet.

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I have had both and I like the iphone better. I just got mine and am still learning new things with it. Wasn't sure about the touch screen but after having it for a month I like it. It is user friendly and you can do talk and surf at the same time. Only dowfall is the battery life, the blackberry would last a couple days and iphone is good for about a day only with moderate use.

Last edited:

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    I had the Samsung Instinct, which alot of people called "the Iphone Killer", and i just got rid of it and got a Blackberry. BEST TRADE EVER!!!!! I liked the Instinct for about 3-4 months till the "Coolness" wore off then i hated the touch screen. Think about this, you are eating a big ol greasy cheeseburger and get a call, now you have a big ol greasy smudge across your screen! :xmad: And it isnt just grease, just everyday stuff on your fingers always make the screen dirty. To me you wind up spending more time trying to keep the screen clean than you do using the phone itself. :dunno:

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Have an iPhone with T-mobile (I hate AT&T) and will never switch back to a regular cell phone again.

I will add the iPhone battery life BLOWS! Mine will last 6 hours at moderate use before it needs a charge, but it does seem to charge up pretty fast.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have a blackberry, my wife an Iphone. The BB suits me best. I use it for business primarily. I think its best for work. The iPhone is more fun has a ton of fun little apps.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I have had both and I like the iphone better. I just got mine and am still learning new things with it. Wasn't sure about the touch screen but after having it for a month I like it. It is user friendly and you can do talk and surf at the same time. Only dowfall is the battery life, the blackberry would last a couple days and iphone is good for about a day only with moderate use.

I put my settings so that it will not check emails other than when I want it to. It seems like the battery live got much better. I can get a couple of days out of it.

I like the Iphone. But there are times when I threaten myself that I will go back to a phone that does nothing but make and receive calls.(its a funny conversation):D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I have the iPhone, I don't like the blackberries quite as much. My next phone will probably be an android of sorts... or the new palm

JohnR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Hancock county
    I have the Iphone and love it. It really is the easiest phone I've ever used. I agree with the battery comments, not enough battery life, but does charge fast. I have AT&T service and have not had any issues.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have the iPhone, I don't like the blackberries quite as much. My next phone will probably be an android of sorts... or the new palm

I'm still using a Treo 755p, but planning to upgrade to one of those two as well. I'm leaning more twards the Pre, since Palm has done substantial upgrades for the Verizon users.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Iphones are great little gizmos, but I'm anti-apple and at&t so I don't use one. Too much proprietory bs. I have a Blackberry storm right now and finally after the 4th os update it runs great. Before the new update, it was garbage. I've played with the android and it seems pretty slick. Super fast and lots of apps. I like the blackberries for their compatability with PC's. I also like removable memory. The problem with Iphones is that they have internal hardwired everything. Apple does a good job at marketing and protecting their profits. My blackberry is basically an extension of my pc's.

TODD1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    CGROVE SSIDE
    iphone is better for web browser and email plus you carry your music and movies with you seamlessly
    Crackberry is more for the business types.
    more apps on iphone than crackberry
    i dont have the battery issues because i turn everything useless off or down and keep the brightness down

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    We are switching to the smart phones at work. With Verizon so Droids and Blackberrries. Some early adopters got the Iphones on their own. I just got a Blackberry this week. Nice touch screen, I had no problems getting my e-mail & contacts to sync. Overall, a nice business related phone for communications. Droid has more apps, lots of fun stuff to download, seems a bit faster on the web. For personal use I would probably get a droid or IPhone. For business use the Blackberry will serve me well.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I have owned the iPhone since the day it was released. It has a TON of features, and is a good start towards what a PDA should be. Still not powerful enough for me. Before the iPhone, I had a Blackberry. It didn't hold a candle to the iPhone.

With that said, I am actively searching for an alternative to using the internet on my phone. It just doesn't cut it.

I wouldn't mind going back to a phone with keyboard for texting and calling, and carrying some sort of touch pad computer. Apple seems to have failed me with the iPad, so I patiently away the release of the EEE Pad by Asus.

I am also anxious to try out the new OS Google is developing.

But for now, my iPhone still carries my daily activities.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    i have an iPhone through work and i will have the hardest time ever going back to another phone... this thing is absolutely amazing and it comes in so handy.

words cannot express how useful an iPhone can be.

Top Bottom