• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Has anyone bought anything from Blackgunstuff? They were at the 1500 and their stuff was incredibly cheap. Is it worthwhile? I emailed them a question over 2 weeks ago and have yet to recieve a response so I am skeptical about them.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I bought one of their AR gas blocks - worked fine... Was the really tacticool version that had rails on 4 sides.

I think they are just cheap metal tacticool throw ons. The gas block weighed more than I thought it should - it was probably steel and not aluminum like a more expensive version may be.

Though it doesn't suprise me that they don't answer emails too quickly, like a lot of small shops in the gun industry they aren't really what I would call 'businessmen'. (meaning they probably do this cause they like it and think they can make some $$, but aren't in it to have a super thriving and ever expanding business.)

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I bought a laser from them for a little plinker I have. It stopped working before I even got to the car at the 1500. (bad pressure switch.) Brought it back in to the guy I bought it from 15 minutes prior and he told me that he didn't do exchanges or refunds and he didn't remember me buying it from him. Straight faced and all...

Last time I will ever do business with them. Ever...Crooks.

Blackgunstuff

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    From the owner

@ Seamus--check your spam folder. Unless you sent me an email that didn't warrant an answer ( will this $100 scope hold up on my 50BMG or the likes), I answered it. I am overseas alot and many emails get kicked to spam.

@ Pirate--we don't know the rest of the story, but it is somewhere between he said and he said. Forgive my 72yr old uncle if he didn't recognize you from early. The shows are quite busy. I realize this may have been your only purchase at the show, but Martin runs through a couple of hundred happy customers a weekend. If you had ANY attitude when you came up, yeah, he blew you off.

My warranty page can be found at BlackGunStuff.com .::. Warranty & Sales Policy

@ hotrod...if you don't want to pay US made prices, we sell good stuff with a lifetime warranty.

@ rgonizer...thanks for the business. I am not sure if we meet your qualification as a "real" business, but I have 7 employees, company shirts, hats, pens, signs, professional set ups, we take credit cards, I have a company bookeeper and atty, a website, we are incorporated, and did over 200 gun shows last year. I have been at this for 15 yrs and am quite proud of the crews I have out doing gun shows. I started out 15 yrs ago on 1 table and it all fit in the toolbox of my truck. We do between 3 and 8 shows a weekend now. I get over a thousand emails a month and answer all the ones that are legit....most within 24 hours.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    @ Seamus--check your spam folder. Unless you sent me an email that didn't warrant an answer ( will this $100 scope hold up on my 50BMG or the likes), I answered it. I am overseas alot and many emails get kicked to spam.

@ Pirate--we don't know the rest of the story, but it is somewhere between he said and he said. Forgive my 72yr old uncle if he didn't recognize you from early. The shows are quite busy. I realize this may have been your only purchase at the show, but Martin runs through a couple of hundred happy customers a weekend. If you had ANY attitude when you came up, yeah, he blew you off.

My warranty page can be found at BlackGunStuff.com .::. Warranty & Sales Policy

@ hotrod...if you don't want to pay US made prices, we sell good stuff with a lifetime warranty.

@ rgonizer...thanks for the business. I am not sure if we meet your qualification as a "real" business, but I have 7 employees, company shirts, hats, pens, signs, professional set ups, we take credit cards, I have a company bookeeper and atty, a website, we are incorporated, and did over 200 gun shows last year. I have been at this for 15 yrs and am quite proud of the crews I have out doing gun shows. I started out 15 yrs ago on 1 table and it all fit in the toolbox of my truck. We do between 3 and 8 shows a weekend now. I get over a thousand emails a month and answer all the ones that are legit....most within 24 hours.

Given your attitude, I just blew you off. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom