• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I picked up the Blackhawk! CQC Serpa Concealment Holster for my XD at my local gun shop last week in carbon fiber. I loved the way it looked, has 5 carry positions, and the retention factor. I do not have my license yet (gotta love the 18 week wait), so I have only carried it around the house, it feel good on my hip but when it sit its not comfortable, is it me or should I adjust the carry angle. Also does any one else think this is concealable at all? I dont.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I own one. It was the first holster I ever owned. I liked it because of the locking mech. It's not necessarily good for CC, great for OC though. I carry an XD9SC. I have tried many different carry methods and have yet to find one I'm thrilled about. While it is an awesome firearm, it's kinda klunky.

I guess my favorite (so far) is a simple Uncle Mikes soft holster on my draw side between my belt and my pants. It keeps the sidearm snug against my side and doesn't poke out so you see it through my shirt. (I also took a needle and bit of thread and folded part of the soft holster down/sewed it into place because my trigger guard kept getting caught when holstering the weapon.) See link to pic below.

I also have a shoulder rig, but haven't had the chance to use it yet.

If you have an SC like me, you will probably also want to go out and put the Pierce extension on the short mag. It's a heck of a lot easier to tote around without having to use the extended mag. (My hands are too big to hold the SC as without the Pierce.)

Picture:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=4472&pictureid=11516

OH Yeah, Welcome to the site too!

Last edited:

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    Only use my Serpa in the winter! Sits too far from hip to conceal. Not a bad holster though! I have noticed that the more I use the screws on the back the more I see dimples on the opposing side. I guess I have been tightening it too much, something to look out for!

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    haha I was talking about the holster I dont want this to become a glock vs xd thread. Where on ur body do u carry it, right at 3:00? if i put mine there even with a tshirt over it you have to be an idiot to not know what it is.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Only use my Serpa in the winter!

I use my Serpa during the winter months also. I prefer it when wearing winter gloves or wearing heavy winter coats.

I've heard some horror stories about these holsters, many of which have been discussed on this forum, but I have yet to have any problems with mine.

Top Bottom