• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think the non-SERPA version of the holster is a great holster at that price point.

If retention is important to you, Safariland's ALS 6377/6378 is a better solution. Model 6378 ALS® Paddle Holster :: HOLSTERS.com The reason I like this is that it places the strong thumb in an ideal position to for the support hand to move into the grip. And, since the release is on the top of the holster, it is easier to reach if the strong hand is incapacitated.

See this video. The holster is a 6320, which includes a guard the 6378 does not - Safariland Video | Model 6320

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    You will find that there is a love / hate relationship with them for the most part.

Some people love the retention system, some hate it.

There have been reported failures of the retention system causing the gun not to release from the holster. I believe there have been a few reports of people shooting themselves while extracting their pistol from these holsters too. Are these the holster’s fault? Probably not.

I have one for my Glock 26. I like to wear it during the winter when the clothing layers are a little thicker and I’m often wearing gloves. Only thing I don’t like about mine, is the amount of wiggle the Glock 26 has while in the holster.

Top Bottom