Blackhawk Serpa Problem/Question Re: the paddle (with pics)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    4330513843_f43a170127.jpg

In the above picture, the clips boxed in red attach to the under side of my belt and hold the holster quite securely. I'm fine with these.

My problem is the clip boxed in green. When I try to remove the holster, this clip gets caught on the seam of my trousers where the belt area seams with the pants themselves. The seam makes a kind of lip that the clip gets caught on.

The only way to remove it is to reach inside my pants and force the clip past the lip of the belt seam. It's incredibly awkward.

Does anybody else with a Blackhawk have this problem? Any reason I can't just dremel the clip off?

Last edited:

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    Is it designed to do what it apparently does? I find it to be so annoying. One of the pros of a paddle should be easier removal than a belt loop type.

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    I've had this issue but now I have my own system of removing the holster (that involves reaching into my pants) and it doesn't bother me anymore. Personally I don't mind it being a little tough to unholster because I know no matter what, the Serpa stays on my hip.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I've had this issue but now I have my own system of removing the holster (that involves reaching into my pants) and it doesn't bother me anymore. Personally I don't mind it being a little tough to unholster because I know no matter what, the Serpa stays on my hip.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This I just slide my index finger in side my pants after the other two clips are above my belt.

trav8605

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I have the same issue but it doesnt bother me like STAG556 im glad to know it will stay on my hip.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    When I try to remove the holster, this clip gets caught on the seam of my trousers where the belt area seams with the pants themselves.
    Good description of how it is designed to work.

Does anybody else with a Blackhawk have this problem?
    Nope, mine doesn't have that problem. But it does have that design feature.

Any reason I can't just dremel the clip off?
    Nope. Not as long as it belongs to you and you don't want that feature anymore.

lyric911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Anderson
    It has been dremeled. The whole reason I bought a paddle holster was to be able to carry to work and easily remove the holster whilst in my driver's seat to stow it during work. The nub to me was a problem, not a feature. One man's trash is another's treasure sort of thing, I guess. :)

45CalJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've got two of them, and yup, same thing happens. I think after time the paddle flexes abit and it's easier to take off. When I first got mine, I'd have to drop trow to take them off at the end of the day. I think the first time the Mrs saw me with my weapon in hand and my pants down around my ankles took her by surprise.

:):

Top Bottom