• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    dross, I have had a #5 Blackjack for 16 years now. Made by Black Jack in Effingham Ill. when the brothers owned the company. If the newer #7 is even close in quality now days it would be a darn fine hunting/general purpose carry knife.

RTDoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I have an older model 7 made for Ken Warner in NC, and fondled the newest incarnation of the knife at the Bark River factory in Escanaba, MI.

Both of them are made by Mike Stewart, who previously worked at the Marbles factory, and BlackJack before that.

Stewart's work is second to none, and if anything goes wrong with it, he will back it up with repair or replacement. No questions asked except, damage by badgers is not covered.

here- BlackJack Knives Forum (Topic list) - Knifeforums.com - Intelligent Discussion for the Knife Enthusiast - Powered by FusionBB

Regards

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I think the new blackjacks are made of A2 steel. looks like a randall for a fraction of the price.

Last edited:

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    dross, I have had a #5 Blackjack for 16 years now. Made by Black Jack in Effingham Ill. when the brothers owned the company. If the newer #7 is even close in quality now days it would be a darn fine hunting/general purpose carry knife.

I second that...............I LOVE MINE!!! I have one of the old ones made in Effingham and wouldn't trade it for the world. I can go though and process an entire deer and never put a steel to it...

Top Bottom