• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    It varies per maker for the most part. You get there early stand in line for 20-45 mins, put your name on a paper and at a predetermined time, they call a number. If they draw yours you or the person you proxied for settle up and pay the man the price. You then turn around almost immediately and flip it to the 50-75 other sad human beings for max profits and brace yourself as you fight through the mob and are bombarded with "bro" and other random one liners. It's part of the experience.

Or they have auctions, where you walk up and write your bid, only to see a japanese collector has already bid the GDP of a small country dashing your hopes in a stoke of his pen..

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Lol... It sure sounds fun, and expensive... Its time to purge my collection and see where my intrests take me. I am actually selling off most of my stuff that doesn't excite me anymore in hopes to bring all the $ to blade and go crazy... Unfortunately I'm guessing I am going to wish I had brought triple the funds...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The Emerson lottery was cool last year about 500+ names in a bingo style card holder. Only about 30 knives are for sale and Mr.Emerson is calling out names the winners get their pick of what is left , a picture with Emrerson , a shot of Johnny Walker Blue Label. Oh and Vigilant telling you to and I will quote "**** your face" after your name gets drawn and not his lol.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Some of the vendors will give you a ticket and you put your name on it and if your name and ticket number is called you win but you do have to pay for it. The year I went when ESEE did it you did not have to pay for the ticket and you did not have to pay for anything they were GIVING away. When you went to their booth they gave you a ticket and their giveaway was on Saturday at a certain time. Not sure how it is now since I am not healthy enough now to make the trip. Everyone should go to the Blade Show at least once in their life but only if you are into knives because that is 99% of what is there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Emerson lottery was cool last year about 500+ names in a bingo style card holder. Only about 30 knives are for sale and Mr.Emerson is calling out names the winners get their pick of what is left , a picture with Emrerson , a shot of Johnny Walker Blue Label. Oh and Vigilant telling you to and I will quote "**** your face" after your name gets drawn and not his lol.

Did you get chocolate milk instead?

Some of the vendors will give you a ticket and you put your name on it and if your name and ticket number is called you win but you do have to pay for it. The year I went when ESEE did it you did not have to pay for the ticket and you did not have to pay for anything they were GIVING away. When you went to their booth they gave you a ticket and their giveaway was on Saturday at a certain time. Not sure how it is now since I am not healthy enough now to make the trip. Everyone should go to the Blade Show at least once in their life but only if you are into knives because that is 99% of what is there.

Given my propensities, methinks the Blade Show is not a great idea for me.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I meant it in the nicest possible way!?:dunno:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Are you sure he wasn't going to say that to you even if your name hadn't been drawn? Heh.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Pretty sure the 2016 Blade Show falls on the same weekend as the INDY 1500 so Brad will not be going.:( It has happened before.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Well I booked the hotel for Blade 2016...

Was pretty excited, then I heard Brad won't be there because of the 1500, wtf... Y'all should just buy a table at blade for $500 and sell more reasonably priced Knives!!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Well I booked the hotel for Blade 2016...

Was pretty excited, then I heard Brad won't be there because of the 1500, wtf... Y'all should just buy a table at blade for $500 and sell more reasonably priced Knives!!

It is really expensive to set up at Blade plus you can't look around when you are a prisoner to your own tables.

Top Bottom