• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I attended a handgun class at the Bone county Sherrif's range a few years back and one of the main instructors told us that Blazer aluminum causes malfunctions if you use it in a Glock, does anybody have experience such a thing?.

Franc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Fishers, IN
    I had some failure to fire with Blazer Aluminum in my Glock. I was able to fire those rounds in a P226 without issues. I am guessing it might have something to do with hard primer.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My m&p was a light striker, I've shot about 1k of the blazer aluminum and had a handful of ftf's in the 1k. I'm not using it as carry ammo and the malfunctions were so infrequent it wasn't annoying. For the cost savings, I would buy more. I've since replaced the striker assembly so it might not be an issue for me anymore.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Not specific to Blazer and Glock, but aluminum cased ammo go to the 9:00 minute mark of this video.

Article:

The case was pulled in two leaving part of it in the chamber, the next round partially chambered and was detonated out of battery. That was with an FX9 PCC.

Edited to fix video link.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Non-brass cased ammo seems to cause more issues with strait blowback firearms, like most PCCs, than it does in most Browning-type action'd pistols.

I've had issues with non brass in higher-end pistols (Walther, Springfield EMP), but not in more run-of-the-mill guns like M&Ps and/or Glocks.

One caveat to that: Lacquor-coated steel-cased ammo has caused me grief in a hot & dirty firearm.

I can't remember any Aluminum-cased ammo-caused issues in any of my guns. I'd much rather run AL vs steel.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I recently ran 200 rounds of aluminum cased federal through my Wilson EDC x9 with no issues. Wish I had a few more cases of it. I like it for indoor ranges dojo don’t need to worry about picking up my brass.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ran plenty of it in Glocks and other striker fired guns without issues. I actually like using it as I don't reload, but I do tend to collect my brass for some reason, but don't feel the need to do so when shooting aluminum cased ammo. It's also usually a bit cheaper than brass cased.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not specific to Blazer and Glock, but aluminum cased ammo go to the 9:00 minute mark of this video.

Article:

The case was pulled in two leaving part of it in the chamber, the next round partially chambered and was detonated out of battery. That was with an FX9 PCC.

Edited to fix video link.

As he states, Freedom Ordnance explicitly indicates not to use aluminum case ammo in their firearms:

AMMUNITION
    9mm 115 gr. FMJ recommended/select hollow points. We recommend starting with with the following ammunition: 115 gr. FMJ Tulammo®, 115 gr. FMJ MAGTECH®, 115 gr. FMJ Wolf®, 124 gr. JHP SIG SAUER® Elite Performance, PMC® Bronze, 115 gr. American Eagle®, 115 gr. Federal®, 115 gr. Remington®. The FX-9 upholds Xtreme reliability with a wide range of ammo including many hollow point designs for self defense and full metal jacket. We do not recommend the use of non jacketed ammunition as unprotected lead can cause fouling and buildups that plated and jacketed bullets do not. Do not use aluminum case ammunition in your FX-9!

Top Bottom