• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I have 3 Blink wireless outdoor cameras. Got a deal from Amazon on the kit on one of those 1 day fire sales. We like them. They work as advertised. Had them now for about 4 months. I never arm the system unless no one is going to be home. Just a waste of batteries. It's nice to have when away cause I get pinged on my phone immediately and be talking to whoever triggered the motion within 5 seconds thru the speaker on the camera. I'll probably grab a couple cameras for inside the house soon

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I have 3 Blink wireless outdoor cameras. Got a deal from Amazon on the kit on one of those 1 day fire sales. We like them. They work as advertised. Had them now for about 4 months. I never arm the system unless no one is going to be home. Just a waste of batteries. It's nice to have when away cause I get pinged on my phone immediately and be talking to whoever triggered the motion within 5 seconds thru the speaker on the camera. I'll probably grab a couple cameras for inside the house soon
    I got all mine on amz. Day. 5 outside cams, 5 stand off mounts, 3 mini tilt-pan cams, 2 doorbell and 2 hub modules and outlet mounts for $300 with everyday price of over $650.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I know they’re inexpensive, easy to install, and set up. But I wouldn’t go near any of those services that require an account and special app to work. The images and video they capture are not yours, and those companies can do as they wish with them, including providing them to law enforcement.

I go with systems with a local DVR, that I can configure my own router to access via a simple browser.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I know they’re inexpensive, easy to install, and set up. But I wouldn’t go near any of those services that require an account and special app to work. The images and video they capture are not yours, and those companies can do as they wish with them, including providing them to law enforcement.

I go with systems with a local DVR, that I can configure my own router to access via a simple browser.
    Blink can do subscription cloud storage, or local storage on a flash drive.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Blink can do subscription cloud storage, or local storage on a flash drive.
    I know, but I prefer a live streaming web interface that I can access remotely. Also, the live interface allows me to use the fine tuned motion detection provided by the Zoneminder application I use. This will trigger email alerts to me.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    They are having another sale on blink stuff again. 50% on 3 pack outdoor battery, Wi-Fi cams. Don’t forget the module you need to connect them and a storage usb so you don’t need to go through the cloud and Amazon to save your videos.

Top Bottom