• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I run a chain through the trigger guard of every firearm I own and lock them all together. Then I shove all of those into my gun safe and lock the door. Then I deadbolt every door in my house and take all of the keys with me when I go to work. So far none have escaped and made the trip to Chicago to kill someone. Makes all the effort worthwhile to know my guns aren't contributing to the horrible gun problems in Chicago.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Chicago's gun problem is because of Chicago.......blame us for being one of the most corrupt city's in the US......right....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You could have a pile of free guns and ammo in the middle of every street in Chicago and if it were not for immoral, self-centered sociopaths, everyone would be perfectly safe.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What they're trying to say is that people from Chicago are just an hour or so away from "gun shows" where private sellers are selling guns with no background check and in some cases not even looking at an ID to make sure they're from Indiana before selling it.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Saying that a prohibited person gangbanger or gun-runner from Chiraq could drive to a gun show in Indiana and purchase a firearm from a private seller motivated solely by profit without a NICS check, then take that firearm back to Chiraq and use it in the commission of a crime is akin to somebody saying a male sexual predator could take advantage of "gender-identity" bathroom policies and claim he identifies as a woman in order to use a ladies' restroom and prey upon young girls.

Both statements are technically correct.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Saying that a prohibited person gangbanger or gun-runner from Chiraq could drive to a gun show in Indiana and purchase a firearm from a private seller motivated solely by profit without a NICS check, then take that firearm back to Chiraq and use it in the commission of a crime...

It's happened and this scenario, or ones similar to it have been prosecuted. That's the way it's supposed to work when someone breaks the law. More laws would not change the propensity of some to break laws and I've seen no evidence that it would reduce violence in Chicago.

Therefore, when people say things like "gangs in Chicago get their guns in Indiana", my response is...so?

If it weren't Indiana, it would be somewhere else. The evil criminals in Chicago are the problem, not guns from Indiana.

Man sentenced for buying guns in Indiana, selling in Chicago - Chicago Tribune

Indiana gun show customer sold to Chicago gangs

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    However, they do have data that shows the first sale of said gun was in Indiana for many of those recovered in Chicago crimes..... I also think that it's a pretty weak assumption to say that lax Indiana gun laws. It is a true statement that ownership is much more common because of less strict laws, and therefore the used market is much more prevalent. The reality is that they come here because it's convenient. If Indiana had strict laws, they'd go to Wisconsin.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    However, they do have data that shows the first sale of said gun was in Indiana for many of those recovered in Chicago crimes..... I also think that it's a pretty weak assumption to say that lax Indiana gun laws. It is a true statement that ownership is much more common because of less strict laws, and therefore the used market is much more prevalent. The reality is that they come here because it's convenient. If Indiana had strict laws, they'd go to Wisconsin.

I-65 south bound.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    More false news from CNN, the same people who brought us;
    - a cameraman posing as a rioter
    - leaking debate questions to a candidate
    - using video game footage to show Russian hacking
    - claiming it was illegal for the public to read Wiki Leaks, but CNN could read it and filter out the illegal parts for the viewer

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/01/29/us/where-50000-guns-in-chicago-came-from.html?_r=2
    Out of 50,000 firearms recovered;
    22,051 were found to have originated in Illinois
    7,747 were found to have originated in Indiana
    Anyone want to have a guess as to how many of those firearms were in the possession of the legally disqualified, those withoiut FOID cards, or carried in a prohibited manner - in short not law abiding citizens.

CNN are unwittingly undermining their gun control agenda. Illinois and Chicago has hugely restrictive laws on guns, Indiana is much more permissive. If the Anti's creed of more guns and more guns being readily available then Indiana would have "blood in the streets"

Top Bottom