• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    The driveway is like 175 yards long, if I can't make it to the end of the driveway in my frontWD car, I'm staying home. Work will probably be closed anyway. It takes them all day to make it out here in the county to plow with the diesel trucks. And none of us are going to be on the tractor plowing in 40mph gusts of wind. Wouldn't want to get to work, and not be able to drive home either.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I hear you... 600' drive. That last 1" snow we go managed a 3' drift. It's all in the timing, and when it hits vs how long it takes to plow out :(

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Pretty much ready all around. Even have the camper stored in the garage and can set it up quickly, if for some reason we need to put extra people.

But I'm sure its all probably not going to be that big of a deal. After all, 10" isn't really 10", or so I've been told :naughty: :):

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I hear you... 600' drive. That last 1" snow we go managed a 3' drift. It's all in the timing, and when it hits vs how long it takes to plow out :(

Yep, and plus we wait to plow after it all stops. No reason to be out there in that wind in the tractor trying to dig out. I like being far from the road, and having a long driveway, but it does suck when it snows :D

South of Indy? Last I heard Indy was getting up to 15 inches hehe, one can always hope though

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Shameless Plug

I'm looking to make a few $$$ tomorrow. If you are in the Martinsville area and need some snow moved out of your way, PM me and we'll set something up. Taking Visa/MC & of course, CASH!

I'll need a phone number where you can be reached and an address. Have a blessed night!

snowremoval_zps43aa43cd.png

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Q: If we really do get a blizzard and we can't get out of the house, how much should I tip the kid who delivers the pizza?

Greenedog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Greene County
    If I didn't have to work Thursday I'd say BRING IT ON! I'm good til spring. ;) Problem is I work for a corporation that pinches a penny from the working man any way they can. If I don't work my full 12 hour shift on Thursday, I lose my holiday pay for Christmas Eve and Christmas. :xmad: I'll get there....somehow. Local weatherman is saying 12-14 inches for Greene.

dobeluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    WTH? I live in La Porte county. I can't believe we aren't included in the blizzard warning, the winter storm warning or even in the winter weather advisory. I feel so left out. Not. lol Somebody mentioned Blizzard of '78. We were snowed in for 2 weeks. One of the benefits of living in the country with no neighbors.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    My work says we are staying open tomorrow. Office job. I think I'll stay home since there was a blizzard declared. My safety is more important. Besides if I get stranded at work and the pregnant fiance has to stay the night alone in a blizzard I'll never hear the end of it. If they don't pay me for Christmas Eve, Christmas day or tomorrow I don't really care.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Good question, I probably wont order pizza because I don't have any clue what to tip them in that type of weather, if it does happen. But I do love pizza. :rockwoot:

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Got the snowblower on the tractor in the barn. Ready to go. In 77' (when my brother was born) dad rode to the hospital on his snowmobile to see mom. Then rode to our farm on the other corner of the county and got the bulldozer out and started pushing his way back to the main farm. Had to keep his snowmobile suit and helmet on to see where he was going. And the fire department in Frankfort kept our 4wd Steiger in the fire station to go drag the ambulance out to get people off of 65. I've never seen anything like that yet!

Top Bottom