• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It never ceases to amaze me the lengths attention starved political people will go to just to get thier faces on TV. " Look at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Look at me!!!!!!!!!!!!Looks at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!", like little kids. Its sad to think that this is your leadership. They really need a sign permananty attached that says "fool" so we could avoid them.:rolleyes:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    That's it...I'm boycotting Bloomington, the State of California, and Mexico.

Maybe AZ should start a minute man type project to monitor the border.

They was a group of locals that were doing that. They stopped for awhile. Maybe they are back at it.

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    It's just the Mayor keeping his base of support happy. It happens on pretty much any issue. We pass so many resolutions of protest and boycotts, I don't even pay attention anymore.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    is there a list of people or businesses boycotting? if so I want to know so I can go to each one personally and tear them a new one.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I really don't understand why Bloomington would have a problem with the Arizona legislation. Bloomington Police Department has no problem profiling and detaining the black guys I work with more often then not. Guess they don't believe they are actually going to work, and not casing some joint or buying drugs.

Houdinih

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    In a Van Down By The River
    I just got off the phone with the Clerk of Bloomington and she claim that they are against "Where are your papers" tactic Az is using to combat our problem with Illegal aliens. What is so hard to understand that they are ILLEGAL! The profiling is no different than cops pulling vehicles over for a license plate light out just to see what you are up to. Or if a person fits the discription of a robber and is stopped and questioned. She didn't understand that AZ is going broke because the GOVT. in DC hasn't paid AZ the money owed from the previous deportation of Illegal Aliens. $1 or $10,000 per ILLEGAL is a lot of money when the count keeps rising. They just need caught up on back pay. She admitted that Bloomington has a few construction projects that were built by ILLEGAL's. Sounds like it's time for The American People to Defend our Boards! :noway: to Bloomington, and IU has been a pile of :poop: since they ousted Bobby Knight!!! Why do we have to press 1 for english in America?:xmad::facepalm::ugh::patriot:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I called a local hotel today and told them I am not going to bring 28 coworkers to Bloomington for a regional meeting. This was my choice in response to Bloomington City Government being stupid. The meeting will be up in Indy. I had complete control over this meeting.

That works out to:
    56 room nights lost
    28 cars not refilling while in town
    about 180 meals
    100 beers
    Tips
    Shopping

So on a rough estimate, I was able to shift almost $10,000 in spending out of Bloomington because I can.

Nice job Bloomington!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Imagine that, not Bloomington. The Liberal ***** city of Indiana. Their not the only ones either. What do they expect Arizona to do? Our ignorant Government is not willing to step up. Oh that's right, some companies may loose cheap labor. The world is comong to an end, oh I best grab my guns and drive to a secure location.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    IDIOTS!!!

My coworker told me this morning that I say that alot. I'm going to have to quit reading the Herald Times online during lunch. It's getting my bloodpressure up.

Actually we get used to the local idiot politicians doing bizzarre things like this. The most telling aspect was that the paper (liberal rag) published an op-ed piece saying that the city council had overstepped its bounds on this. That was followed closely by a press release from IU distancing itself from the issue and disavowing any anti AZ leanings.

Looks like the city council and mayor are left blowing in the wind.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I called the mayors office and some 18 year old kid was taking a poll on if I was for or against......the boycott

At least she was working till 5 pm......

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    WISHTV just said that Hoosiers are boycotting Bloomington and more information was forthcoming.

So, Bloomington boycotts AZ, and IN boycotts Bloomington. What happens if Bloomington boycotts IN too, can we get rid of them and start over?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Never fear, I still live here. :rolleyes:

I have been banned from the HT comment section because I disagree with them.

I will continue to share my opinions with everyone I come into contact with.

The city government here should be terrorized.

Top Bottom