• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Well once again the peace is broken in B-town
    I guess we are not as safe as the libs tell us we are. Details are still being reported so who knows could be a domestic or could just be one of the many crazy street people or drug dealers this town atracts. Prayers for the victim and his family.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I have said it for years, we are becoming more and more like Indianapolis.
    Bank robberies, home invasions, now murder. Whats next?

Sad times in B-town.

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I just showed the Herald Times online article to my wife. I hope it's a wake up call for her as I have been telling her for years that stuff like this can happen to anyone anywhere.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Not far from the shelter. I am not jumping to conclusions that this incident has anything to do with the vagrants and even if it did the conection will be hushed up. But I have voiced my opinions before on the homeless culture in Bloomington. I dont think that shelter is a "wet" shelter I think it is the "semi" regulated shelter run by the township trustee. It is much more regulated than the shalom center run "wet" shelters. I just have to once again point out that the libs give aid and comfort to our enemys word wide so why are we surprised they do the same in the peoples republic of Bloomington. Shalom and the like harbor criminals and people need to wake up.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    A shelter that allows entry to those currently high or drunk thus the terms "wet" or "dry" shalom is to quote them "no barriers" come how you want "wet" as you want. backstreet missions and most reputable shelters wont admit those "clients" who are clearlly loaded but good old shalom will. They also require no personal information so they can more easily provide shelter to wanted fugitives. just read the paper even as lib as it is they often publish convicts and suspects home address given as shalom center. that place is a haven for convicts and wanted persons to blend in and hide out.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    IU confirms English professor was stabbing victim
    By Nicole Brooks, H-T
    December 29, 2009, last update: 12/29 @ 12:09 pm

ul_Don_belton.jpg

IU English professor Don Belton
    ul_Griffin_Michael+Z.jpg

Michael James Griffin is in Monroe County Jail on a preliminary charge of murder in connection with the stabbing death of Belton.
    Indiana University officials are confirming the identity of the man stabbed to death in his home.
    Don Belton, 53, was found dead in his home in the 900 block of South Madison Street around 10 a.m. Monday.
    Belton was an assistant professor in the Department of English at IU. He began teaching at IU in the fall of 2008.
    According to the English department’s Web site, Belton taught classes on fiction and essay writing, world literature, international film, jazz music and James Baldwin.
    Monroe County deputy coroner Mike Dennison said this afternoon that the coroner’s office was still not ready to verify the victim’s identity, because they are having trouble finding a next of kin.
    Dennison said the autopsy is complete, and the victim died as a result of multiple stab wounds to the chest and abdomen.
    Lt. David Drake with the Bloomington Police Department said this afternoon that Belton kept a diary.
    “He wrote prolifically. We had to go through it all,” Drake said.
    One of Belton’s last entries mentioned Michael James Griffin. That diary entry, and other information gathered during their investigation, led police to look at Griffin, Drake said.
    Griffin, 25, was arrested at his home in New Unionville late Monday by officers armed with a search warrant and members of the critical incident response team. He was booked into the Monroe County Jail at 1:30 a.m. today on a preliminary charge of murder. He is being held without bond, and is set to appear in court Wednesday to be formally charged.
    Drake said Griffin was upset with Belton over an incident that happened at Griffin’s home, 5937 E. Ind. 45, on Christmas Day. Drake would not elaborate on the incident. He said the two men were acquaintances, and did not know when or where they met.
    Griffin’s girlfriend was not at the house when police arrived late Monday, but Griffin’s two-year-old son was, Drake said.
    Officers had learned Griffin was “under a lot of stress,” and that he had a 9 mm handgun in the house. The CIRT officers were brought to assist with the arrest.
    “We were very concerned that if we didn’t act quickly, some harm might come to the child,” Drake said.
    The child was not hurt, and his mother was called to come pick him up.
    IU spokesman Larry MacIntyre provided this statement from Jonathan Elmer, chairman of the English department:
    “Don Belton’s friends, colleagues, and students in the English Department are shocked and terribly saddened by the news of his death. His great talents as a writer, his extraordinary generosity to his students, and his warmth of personality were gifts to us all. We will miss him terribly.”

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Thanks for the update I had not checked the HT yet today. Very sad for victim's freinds and family. I think all violence is a wake up call. A further tradgedy would be for us all to not learn from these horrible acts. Violence is all around us and no one no where is safe. We on this forum take very seriously the responsbility of personal safety. Let us all pause and say a prayer for the victims and for those who will not be victims do to the resolve of the armed society.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Sad story indeed. Prayers to the victim and families. Glad they got him off the street quickly. The diary should make conviction easier I would hope. I am sure we will learn more as it goes to trial.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    It is reported that there was a love affair or something gone wrong between the two men. Also mention of drugs by someone on the message boards that knew the man. The perp has a girlfriend and a 2 year old child and is a decorated Marine who toured Iraq. This one's gonna be weird. The dead man kept a diary which the details of have not been released yet.

All this reported by the Bloomington Herald-Times, so who knows how accurate it is.

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    It is reported that there was a love affair gone wrong between the two men. Also mention of drugs. The perp has a girlfriend and a 2 year old child and is a decorated Marine who toured Iraq. This one's gonna be weird. The dead man kept a diary which the details of have not been released yet.

It is a domestic (if dating can be called domestic). The professor was well known for his books, some on gay issues and known in the gay community. My guess is that the attacker was not. I will ask around and see if anyone knows more (I know a few people in the community).

Sad in any case.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    yes reports are ever evolving this one has some twists and turns to it. channel 8 at 11pm is supose to have several interviews and new info but fox may have scooped them. HT is also saying alleged sexual assault led to the murder

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Woah! Fox 59 is reporting the victim had sexually assaulted the suspect.

Yikes! That's awful. Stalker-Psycho awful. Been trying to get someone to start a Pink Pisols group down here for some time, maybe some people will be more inclined to listen to a friendly gun toting hetero.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    techres once again you make a great point. This situation sounds more and more tragic by the minute. As well as just plain weird.

Top Bottom