• tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I-69 south to I-465 South

I-465 South and then curve west

SR 37 South; go south until it stinks. You're now in Martinsville. Further south, the stink will rise. You'll be in Bloomington soon. :D

the bloomington smell is kinda like if stupid blonde had a smell. yeah thats good stupid blonde, but if you can handle that smell the presents for your eyes are wondrous and grand.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    It will calm down in a couple of weeks when the students settle into their routine. I have to agree with the sentiment on the co-eds. One of the best things about Bloomington is all the young ladies and there is a new group every four years.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I never have figured out why, when the students move out in the spring, the road projects don't begin immediately. :dunno: But nooooo....they all delay untill late summer/ early fall, to make sure that there is maximum inconvenience, especially during move in. It happens year after year. To top it all off, my wife works the center desk for one of the major dorms on campus. She is physically and emotionally drained during these days,as the kids are always trying to finagle something to circumvent policy. The area has a lot of things to recommend it. Darn few of them are in town.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I never have figured out why, when the students move out in the spring, the road projects don't begin immediately. :dunno: But nooooo....they all delay untill late summer/ early fall, to make sure that there is maximum inconvenience, especially during move in. It happens year after year. To top it all off, my wife works the center desk for one of the major dorms on campus. She is physically and emotionally drained during these days,as the kids are always trying to finagle something to circumvent policy. The area has a lot of things to recommend it. Darn few of them are in town.

it has something to do with fiscal year deadlines.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    It will calm down in a couple of weeks when the students settle into their routine. I have to agree with the sentiment on the co-eds. One of the best things about Bloomington is all the young ladies and there is a new group every four years.
    I didnt thint it was possible, but that gets tempered quite a bit when you're old enough to be their grandpa! :):

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    it has something to do with fiscal year deadlines.
    I'm sure it is something like that...... But that knowledge doesn't quell the frustration. Doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem to me, but what do I know?, I'm not a career politician. (does that make me sound sarcastic?....good!) ;)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm sure it is something like that...... But that knowledge doesn't quell the frustration. Doesn't seem like an insurmountable problem to me, but what do I know?, I'm not a career politician. (does that make me sound sarcastic?....good!) ;)

the only one that really angers me is the sidewalk to nowhere that can accommodate a car over on country club dr.

starcrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I for one am glad to have the students back. I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of solid 10s driving yesterday, and dozens of 8s and 9s. I don't know what it is about welcome week, but even the bars get rowdy and it's always a good time. Really looking forward to meeting some cute girls!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I for one am glad to have the students back. I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of solid 10s driving yesterday, and dozens of 8s and 9s. I don't know what it is about welcome week, but even the bars get rowdy and it's always a good time. Really looking forward to meeting some cute girls!

you must be young, newer to town, or crazy but I hate the bars when students are back. all the idiot guys trying to act all tough and start needless crap. only been in one "event";) with college guys at the bar and it didn't go well for either person. but at least I didn't get arrested:D

MWCMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    South

What is the requirement on INGO? Without pictures it didn't happen:laugh:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    years ago when I worked at hoosier court apts. on kinser one of the tenants was in the playboy big 10 issue. needless to say she got VERY special and quick attention.

AccuRat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just north of nowhere...
    T34-
    As a B-town res, where/what do you recommend a fellow gunner from points east do/see on a day trip to your location? Obvious eye candy included. Sounds like Mother Bears Pizza is a must-do...the "Swine" looks positively decadent!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    T34-
    As a B-town res, where/what do you recommend a fellow gunner from points east do/see on a day trip to your location? Obvious eye candy included. Sounds like Mother Bears Pizza is a must-do...the "Swine" looks positively decadent!

I guess it depends on what your into. obviously the campus has world class museums and cultural centers. we have a ton of outdoor activities to do. take a walk around downtown you'll see all sorts of weird and interesting things. but the art museum designed by I.M. pei is fantastic.

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    I will be leaving Bloomington this weekend in order to go to the gun show and visit with family in Indianapolis. I am not dealing with the traffic, and parents moving their kids into the dorms!

However, on the bright side I can't wait for the view along 3rd, and 10th streets. :)

Top Bottom