• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wonder how much each of those electric cars cost, and could they have tried to sell a couple to those of us who wouldn't mind something with no range but only need something that can go 14 miles per charge?

Actually i have about 4 friends that are pissed as they had even told both blue indy and the city that they would like to purchase one of the cars once the program went belly up as they used the cars a bunch. Heck one friend hauled lumber with one.

Now the redline is actually decent and i used to use it 3 times a week before CoVID hit. Yes they could honestly do the same with standard buses honestly but they didnt offer that type of long range service before the redline. It has caused indygo to go from the early 2000s in both bus tracking and payment to finally some modern standards.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually i have about 4 friends that are pissed as they had even told both blue indy and the city that they would like to purchase one of the cars once the program went belly up as they used the cars a bunch. Heck one friend hauled lumber with one.

Now the redline is actually decent and i used to use it 3 times a week before CoVID hit. Yes they could honestly do the same with standard buses honestly but they didnt offer that type of long range service before the redline. It has caused indygo to go from the early 2000s in both bus tracking and payment to finally some modern standards.

And yet, very few are actually using the Red Line once the free rides stopped. And I predict they will continue not using it. Indianapolis is not laid out to make mass transit practical (thank God). It takes a highly dense population to make it practical and we don't have it. But they're continuing to want to expand it, throwing good money after bad. Glad it works for you. Now if there were only about another 100,000 to use it on a daily basis...

Top Bottom