• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Any suggestions or recommendations on gunsmiths that do quality rebluing in this state & address or phone #
    Please I need some quality work done not hear say.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    One of INGO's own members, AllenM, does fantastic work. I recently damaged one of my handguns, a Kimber 1911. Allen repaired and refinished it. It works like new and looks better than the day I bought it.

I highly recommend AllenM, and suggest you send him a PM.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One of INGO's own members, AllenM, does fantastic work. I recently damaged one of my handguns, a Kimber 1911. Allen repaired and refinished it. It works like new and looks better than the day I bought it.

I highly recommend AllenM, and suggest you send him a PM.

I'd concur with this. I don't think Allen does re-bluing, but if collector value of the piece is not a concern and you just want a really nice refinish job done for an affordable price, I'm sure Allen could cerakote it and make it look like a new gun again.

PM AllenM on INGO, and check out some of his work on his subforum on INGO under Diamond Collision.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I have a pistol that. i am going to have engraved and install a set of my IVORY grips on .DON"T want a crappy paint job on something that will be with me and My family for years to come.
    I asked for someone that BLUED guns.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Well since its a family heirloom and its ENGRAVED AND HAS IVORY GRIPS you should sent it to Doug Turnbull Manufacturing. Nothing but the BEST for you Sir.

Add purple wherever anyone feels it is needed.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    It is not a family heirloom yet and yes it may go to Turnbul or Fords .As long as it is my money and my fire arm (not yours )I want it the way I want it .
    it needs to be stripped and polished ,then sent to a local Indiana engraver (Terry Miller )Then back to the smith to be blued. I got just what i thought i would get on the internet ,advise that is worth what i paid for.IT,

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a pistol that. i am going to have engraved and install a set of my IVORY grips on .DON"T want a crappy paint job on something that will be with me and My family for years to come.

It is not a family heirloom yet and yes it may go to Turnbul or Fords .As long as it is my money and my fire arm (not yours )I want it the way I want it .
    it needs to be stripped and polished ,then sent to a local Indiana engraver (Terry Miller )Then back to the smith to be blued. I got just what i thought i would get on the internet ,advise that is worth what i paid for.IT,

Seriously? I specifically indicated it was not bluing (as you said bluing but some people use the term generically, and you never indicated heirloom, etc) but offered up some good info nonetheless and got this as a response? Good luck in the future, you'll need it to get responses with that attitude. We really need to get access to neg rep again (ah, it seems it was part of the upgrade)

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Actually I gave you some excellent free advice along some free criticism,
    When your a ass or become arrogant people tend not to help you.
    Good Luck on your search.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Actually I gave you some excellent free advice along some free criticism,
    When your a ass or become arrogant people tend not to help you.
    Good Luck on your search.

I know Walt and I am familiar with the firearm in question. He is one of the nicest guys I know. He is looking for someone to do a professional reblue on this firearm and intends to have it engraved and then he will hand carve ivory grips for it. From what I've read in this thread he was pretty specific about what he wanted done. I know there are a lot of people who can do a stellar job of refinishing a firearm but he is looking for someone who can do a top notch professional reblue. Walt is the polar opposite of an a** or arrogant, he just knows what he wants and won't settle for anything less. My 2 cents and change.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I know Walt and I am familiar with the firearm in question. He is one of the nicest guys I know. He is looking for someone to do a professional reblue on this firearm and intends to have it engraved and then he will hand carve ivory grips for it. From what I've read in this thread he was pretty specific about what he wanted done. I know there are a lot of people who can do a stellar job of refinishing a firearm but he is looking for someone who can do a top notch professional reblue. Walt is the polar opposite of an a** or arrogant, he just knows what he wants and won't settle for anything less. My 2 cents and change.
    Nice of you to defend your friend, but he's a big boy and a little common courtesy on the net bridges the gap left by lack of personal communication. Even a 12-year-old knows how to say "thank you but that's not what I had in mind". Looking down your nose at someone because they're on the net when your on the net yourself does seem a bit arrogant, no matter how much of a prince you may be in person. No problem, that's about what INGOers expect from someone from Hammond.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Nice of you to defend your friend, but he's a big boy and a little common courtesy on the net bridges the gap left by lack of personal communication. Even a 12-year-old knows how to say "thank you but that's not what I had in mind". Looking down your nose at someone because they're on the net when your on the net yourself does seem a bit arrogant, no matter how much of a prince you may be in person. No problem, that's about what INGOers expect from someone from Hammond.
    You're from Munster and you're you're judging someone from Hammond? How's the view down your nose? Just sayin'. I knew I shoulda stayed out of this p*ssin' match but Walt is one of the last of the old school gentlemen.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Hmm. Upon further review.......:bacondance:
    Any suggestions or recommendations on gunsmiths that do quality rebluing in this state & address or phone #

( Why am I reminded of Rick James' muddy boots on Eddie Murphy's couch? Bourbon's a hell of a .....)

Sounds like a nice gun though. Good luck with the project.

:popcorn:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    You're from Munster and you're you're judging someone from Hammond? How's the view down your nose? Just sayin'. I knew I shoulda stayed out of this p*ssin' match but Walt is one of the last of the old school gentlemen.
    Hey I'm a real gem when you meet me in person. And no, I'm not from Munster, I just live here. I'm from East Chicago, so I know all about Hammond, good place to stay out of.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

I am NOT mad, but this is your op, and I was the first answer. RAM, has done re-bluing, for a police dept., for their "show" guns..... He does do EXELLENT work.....

Top Bottom