• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I was recently in the market for a new pistol. My family has dealt with Blythe's in Griffith on multiple occasions, so I stopped by to check out a few different pistols. The first gentleman I dealt with was friendly and had a smile on his face. He didn't have much experience with what I was looking at so he directed me to another sales person, who again, was friendly and helpful. So overall didn't have a bad experience. Now, I didn't end up buying from them because they didn't have exactly what I wanted. So comparing to what I've read from other members, maybe I just caught them on a good day.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Ive had mixed experiences there. On one ocassion I was greeted with a smile and the guy was very helpful. Another ocassion I was ignored for 10 miinutes by two gentlemen while I walked about the counter. I guess it depends on whos behind the counter and the mood theyre in on that day.

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    Ask for Bryan or Rodger (owner). Haven't had much luck with the other folks. Bryan and Rodger actually listen to what you say and aren't pushy in the least bit. I used to go there every Saturday morning but maybe only once a month now due to work.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    At least the guy was honest he didn't know much... I've had one Valpo Blythes employee tell me rifled slugs spin in a smoothbore and would damage a rifled shotgun barrel, and one tell me
    a galloway LC9 35% reduction bar voided my Ruger warranty and was therefore worth less money :rofl:. They both adamantly refused any arguments against these comments. And don't even get me started on waiting for employee help... (psst, can't tell, but I hate Valpo Blythes)
    Well :ranton: anyways, Good to hear you had a good experience OP, If I had more experiences like that I'd probably be a regular at Valpo Blythes.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    At least the guy was honest he didn't know much... I've had one Valpo Blythes employee tell me rifled slugs spin in a smoothbore and would damage a rifled shotgun barrel, and one tell me
    a galloway LC9 35% reduction bar voided my Ruger warranty and was therefore worth less money :rofl:. They both adamantly refused any arguments against these comments. And don't even get me started on waiting for employee help... (psst, can't tell, but I hate Valpo Blythes)
    Well :ranton: anyways, Good to hear you had a good experience OP, If I had more experiences like that I'd probably be a regular at Valpo Blythes.

I was at Valpo Blythe's earlier today just wandering around aimlessly looking to blow some cash and had three separate employees approach me within 10 minutes and ask if they could help me. I have on a couple of occasions walked around there for an hour without any attention. I'd rather be alone in my thoughts most of the time anyway so it doesn't bother me either way. In any case, I've never walked out of Valpo Blythe's upset.

I can't speak to Ruger's warranty or devaluation of a firearm (other than obvious damage) but if it were me buying it, I'd be very cautions about purchasing ANYTHING from someone who says they modified it in some way. I can totally see where they're coming from on that one. Think about it in automotive terms: would you buy the car with the wing and ridiculous looking body kit from a guy who swears it makes the car more valuable, or find the same car in unmolested stock condition? Which one would you be willing to pay more for?

Top Bottom