• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Just heard a rumor that they have closed the range at Valpo has closed due to insurance costs. Anyone know anything?

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    The range is open. I was there today with my GF (Her first time at the range). I did talk with Kyle there and I suspect that the range is going to be updated & rebuilt. He indicated that I would be able to shoot my AR there in April.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I was there last week and it was busy as ever. I would welcome a rebuild even if that meant it was closed for a while.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    wonder if this has anything to do with the range going in at the old fetlas building? maybe blythe's is doing that? not sure. saw plans for the fetlas building that would have 20lanes, 5 high power rifle and 15 handgun. no idea who's baby it is tho.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    wonder if this has anything to do with the range going in at the old fetlas building? maybe blythe's is doing that? not sure. saw plans for the fetlas building that would have 20lanes, 5 high power rifle and 15 handgun. no idea who's baby it is tho.

That has some potential. Im interested to see how that turns out. I have to pass by there on the way to Blythes anyway, so if I can shoot there cheaper in the winter, I'm all for it!

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Rangemasters had a sweet shooting range in Chesterton some time back. Closed. Dick Blythe and sons should have grabbed it up and closed the Valpo range. Fetlas would be a good place for a shooting range, using falling water like Rangemasters to stop the slugs. Need a new shootin spot/handgun store. Anyone? (Midwest, Zx, 21st Cent)
    sick of Slander Mountain, Cashbelas, Trash Pro Shop.

qualitytym

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Porter County
    If that is true, I can't wait. Blythes has been overcharging for that POC range for too long. Lights don't work, pulleys broke, poor ventilation...We need competition in this area. Maybe a new gun store!?

Top Bottom